Heng Long Leopard 2a6 plastic gearbox is broken.

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
seb4
Private

Heng Long Leopard 2a6 plastic gearbox is broken.

Post by seb4 »

I do have an all plastic Heng Long Leopard 2a6

The motor is a standard Heng Long 3:1 motor , 8500 Rounds / min, with plastic gear.

The motors/ gear box do not run synchronous. One gear starts later as the other one. I suspect there is something wrong with the plastic gear.

I want as replacement either a standard henglong motor metal gearbox, 3:1 8500 rpm, or this one:

The Licmas heavy metal one with 390 Motors, 4:1 22.000 rpm
This one should fit exactly the same way as my existing plastic gear in my Leopard copy.
https://heng-long-panzer.de/de/ZUBEHOeR ... AIGEN.html

or this one:

TAIGEN 5:1 steel flat gear with long output shaft, Stronger engines 17500 rpm
http://www.rc-panzer-shop.de/epages/782 ... LaWelle%22

I do not know if this TAIGEN one fits exactly.

Is it true that the 3:1 gearboxes are faster but have less torque while the 4:1 gearboxes are much slower and offer much more torque? The 5:1 even more so?

Are these expensive 4:1/ 5:1 gears not overkill for an all plastic Leopard with plastic tracks and plastic sprockets? I use it often on muddy grounds, I like a rough terrain ride. How much rpm is enough ?

I am not a tech person, just want to have a reliable and fun experience with my tank.

I am a bit of a loss about what to do. What would you recommend?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Heng Long Leopard 2a6 plastic gearbox is broken.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Good Morning/Evening Mr Seb
I see you are a new member.
Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in the introduction section, what you like, what you have & roughly where in the world you are so we can better direct you to help.
You will get a much better response than just turning up & wanting answers. ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Ok I will do so.
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Thank you very much!

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”