Panzer yellow spray paint

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
BR-73082
Recruit

Panzer yellow spray paint

Post by BR-73082 »

Where can I get a spray paint for the base colour for German tanks? Thought humbrol and tamiya did spray paints but can't find any can anyone help me out where to find some?
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Panzer yellow spray paint

Post by jarndice »

When I need Acrylic Spray Paint I go to ---
http://www.petersspares.com
Click on"Paint" then "Humbrol" then click on "Acrylic Spray" ,
They have Three rattle cans of "Desert Yellow" in stock,
Shaun.
Last edited by jarndice on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Look for Tamiya TS-3. It's not that cheap and only comes in small cans but it covers well.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

BR-73082 wrote:Where can I get a spray paint for the base colour for German tanks? Thought humbrol and tamiya did spray paints but can't find any can anyone help me out where to find some?
Base colour changed from Dunkelgrau (dark grey) to Dunkelgelb (dark yellow) in early 1943. Thus, the base colour you need depends on the year and version of tank you wish to paint.
Here's a guide:
http://www.stugiii.com/germanvehiclecamouflage.html
TS-03 (Tamiya Dunkelgelb) in rattle cans can be sourced through Ebay, Amazon, an many model shops. It's pricey, and comes in a diminutive can, as Richard pointed out. It does, however, go on the model very well. :thumbup:
Vallejo, Humbrol and others also produce panzer colours; but in rattle can format that would only be Humbrol or Tamiya, I think. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
hedgepig
Recruit

Post by hedgepig »

I don't know if it's the white balance of some of the photos on the 'net but Zandri Dust from Citadel appears to be a match for the base colour for Tiger 131. I would love confirmation on this as even though I have a calibrated monitor, it's impossible to tell remotely. If it is a match then this is great as it's only around £10 per can (big rattle can) and it's a good paint. I can't find an RAL code for it though so would be good to know!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Testors Model Master Afrika Mustard is close, but a bit dark. Works well as a base, and then I usually lighten it up with the airbrush. I think I did a video on that.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”