New HL Tiger 1 Stuck idler and hull damage?

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Re: New HL Tiger 1 Stuck idler and hull damage?

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
tomhugill wrote:It looks like a pro version with metal tracks the sprockets and idlers would be metal.
Funny thing, one would think so, especially when advertised so, both my tigers are pro versions, and both the idlers are silver plastic.
Although they are are a couple of years old now, and however old before I bought them, one has that short barrel. One came with them already attached, the other I bought the add on kit.
And I can assure you both mine are glued together silver plastic. I pick up two metal sets tomorrow evening that I've ordered from Hong-Kong. And when I compare them Thursday, I'll either eat my words or post a picture. And because of my experience with mine, I assumed all pro tigers were like that.
But, I will apologise if foxtrotraptor has metal ones that I was unfortunate not to get.

And congratulations on you're easy fix foxtrotraptor, gosh, wish all problems were that easy lol.

Mick.

From what I have read it seems can be random when it comes to its packing items and asssembly. Luckily yes my pro version is all metal (tracks gears and all that). I open her up today and looked inside, I had clean up a little inside because they seeem to have over done it on the lubrication of the gears. Otherwise all looks good. As far as my hull problem it looks like all the clips on that side are completely broken off. No way to fix it, as far as that portion where it drops down and touches the tracks I ended up used a lighter to warm up the plastic and bend it upward away from the tracks. Its not pretty but it will do, and you cant see it unless you under the tank. No way to fully seal that side of the tank but I suppose it could be worse. So anyways I put everything back and tested it out again outside. Ran it on cement and short grass and everything worked fine again. No stuck idler. NOW I can focus on the detailing and paint. I do have a question on paint which ill post in the "HL builds section", (I think that's the correct section?).....
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you go to "TIPS & TRICKS" and click on "PAINTING and WEATHERING" you will be in a far more helpful place.
Talking of Tips, If you buy a "HEAT GUN" you will find lots of uses for it including easing out faults in the Tank Body Moulds as well as doing the job with "Heat shrink" Very cheap on E-BAY.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mick Hi, If you go to E-Bay and type in "Hot Air Gun",
Press search and then click on the sidebar the box marked UNBRANDED,
Then just find the cheapest, it should be less than £9,
Do be aware they are usually two pin plugs so if you don't have a 3 pin plug with an inbuilt 2 pin adapter in the top to take a 2 pin electric razor now might be the time.
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Go for it before they sell out, :clap:
It is what I was looking for but couldn't find a couple of years ago,
Well done nice find. :thumbup:
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mick what I was looking for was CHEEEEP :haha:
which is why I bought a Chinese heat gun for £6 freepost a couple of years ago,
BUT if "Toolstation" with whom I have an account was selling the device in question at the time I would have blown off the cobwebs and sacrificed the Children's inheritance to buy it.
Shaun.
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

I double checked and my idlers are for sure metal. Along with the tracks and drive wheel. Also an update on ebay. The seller got back to me and asked if I was willing to fix it myself they would cover the repair. They asked if $25USD would cover it and I said yes. Seems fair to me. :thumbup:
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”