I need to move into my workshop

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

I need to move into my workshop

Post by Spartan tracks »

Health wise the first 5 moths of this year have not gone well, although I did get my 1/6 JP finished.
So as I've had a fair few weeks in hospital and months at home resting, On the downside it's left me to much time on eBay.
When I started this hobby 18 months ago I rushed in and bought quit a few H//L tanks, But I found after a year I wanted tanks that would run more to scale ( not for battling) I found with the plastic ones they bounce around a lot, I thought a heavier tank might run better so I sold all my HL tanks and started with the TORRO Tanks which range from 11 to 15kgs so I now have a lot of electrics and painting to do I now have TORRO Panther F Panther G Jagdpanther,Jagdtiger Tiger 1 early Tiger 1 late Panzer 4 T34/85 these will run on Elmod boards with new radios and custom speaker, so you can see I have a mountain to do along with a couple of bargains I picked up 1/16 tiger 1 Tamiya, and a KV1 which is a bit of a mix match Tamiya shell Ibu board and custom speaker Uprated GEARBOXS and motors etc and 1/6 Pak40 75mm so as you can see I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START lol

Kind regards Andy

Ps also having the workshop extended
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
tomhugill
Captain

Re: I need to move into my workshop

Post by tomhugill »

Which Taigen is 15kg?
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

There aren't any Torro's between 11-15kg's that I know of..your all metal Elephant is around 10kg's ?.. I doubt theres anything heavier out there at mo..Maybe Andy meant with the wooden crates.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Maybe that should be lbs not kgs. I've just weighed my full metal Torro and its 5.7kgs or 12lbs 9oz.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Jake79 wrote:There aren't any Torro's between 11-15kg's that I know of..your all metal Elephant is around 10kg's ?.. I doubt theres anything heavier out there at mo..Maybe Andy meant with the wooden crates.
Those crates are heavy! Yeah my elefant was 10-11kg
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
The Taigen \ Torro metal KV series tanks are right at 20 pounds unmodified. The new MATO all metal TD is a heavy beast but the 'Palace' remains the heaviest of my Heavy Tanks.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

Yes sorry guys I was going by manafactuarers claimed weight which may well be including the wooden ammo crate lol
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”