Electric problem on HL Stug III

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
Teo64
Recruit

Electric problem on HL Stug III

Post by Teo64 »

Hi all,
I have recently bought the top hull of a Stug III HL. Disassembling the cannon I found a red wire not welded from the 8 pin plug where are welded some cables coming from the cannon and the IR mushroom The cable in question is actually at the end of a red / black cable that come from the inside the barrel of the cannon and goes to the flash. The black pole of that wire is welded to the plate. I dont know where to weld the dissolded red wire . Looking on the plug I would weld it together with the green wire, but I would like be sure. See the attached picture
Thank you for the help
Attachments
upper plug.JPG
upper plug.JPG (60.02 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
Jay-Em
Corporal
Location: The Chilly and Flat part of the Netherlands' North.

Re: Electric problem on HL Stug III

Post by Jay-Em »

NO!

Best case, barrel flash starts to light-up when levelling the barrel, worst case it'll be the holy smoke coming from the controller.

Not the green wire. The bend in the tiny wire, and the way it almost seems to snuggle-up to the 3rd soldering point should be telling enough. Shoddy soldering is almost a hallmark of older Heng Long tanks.

A bit of searching through the forum in the electronics part would help. There are quite a few informative posts with the wire layout on older Heng Longs.

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”