HL Chally 2 upgrade advice needed

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
T9FURY
Recruit

Re: HL Chally 2 upgrade advice needed

Post by T9FURY »

jarndice wrote:Mick Hi, First of all,
If you fit an aftermarket board such as the CLARK or the ASP or the ELMOD or the IBU2/3, Then your Heng Long Transmitter is redundant because the TAIGEN, HENG LONG and TORRO Transmitters use a closed circuit which won't readily work with other control boards,

Shaun.
I will probably be upgrading the transmitter at the same time anyway, just haven't done enough research on them to make a choice. All I know at the minute is I want one with with 5+ channels.
maxmekker wrote: ( you saw challenger sound clip I posted ?)
Yes I did matey, very impressive, it was your video that made look in the direction of the Clark boards, at the minute I am just looking at what set up I need. I am currently confused as to what exactly I need,I was looking at the TK24G2, but apparently they currently don't do one with Chally 2 sounds pre installed, I thought I might be able to get the TK24G2 plus the TK Programmer and download the sound pack from their website and do it all myself, I am currently waiting for a response from my supplier to see if that is possible.

If that is not possible I will venture towards the TK60G2, I think I still need the TK Programmer for that.

Again, thanks for the pointers guys, I'm slowly getting the gist of all the techno malarkey.

PS; my tank was dispatched today so I should hopefully get it Monday or Tuesday, it better be Monday because I have booked 2 days off work :haha:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

T9FURY wrote:
jarndice wrote:Mick Hi, First of all,
If you fit an aftermarket board such as the CLARK or the ASP or the ELMOD or the IBU2/3, Then your Heng Long Transmitter is redundant because the TAIGEN, HENG LONG and TORRO Transmitters use a closed circuit which won't readily work with other control boards,

Shaun.
I will probably be upgrading the transmitter at the same time anyway, just haven't done enough research on them to make a choice. All I know at the minute is I want one with with 5+ channels.
maxmekker wrote: ( you saw challenger sound clip I posted ?)
Yes I did matey, very impressive, it was your video that made look in the direction of the Clark boards, at the minute I am just looking at what set up I need. I am currently confused as to what exactly I need,I was looking at the TK24G2, but apparently they currently don't do one with Chally 2 sounds pre installed, I thought I might be able to get the TK24G2 plus the TK Programmer and download the sound pack from their website and do it all myself, I am currently waiting for a response from my supplier to see if that is possible.

If that is not possible I will venture towards the TK60G2, I think I still need the TK Programmer for that.

Again, thanks for the pointers guys, I'm slowly getting the gist of all the techno malarkey.

PS; my tank was dispatched today so I should hopefully get it Monday or Tuesday, it better be Monday because I have booked 2 days off work :haha:
I'm sure Maxmekker can help you out. He has aided me with my Clark boards.Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
T9FURY
Recruit

Post by T9FURY »

WHAT BOARD

Well I have decided to go with the TK60G2, the lower series TK cards can't be programmed, and after speaking with Liang Clark he said he never massed produced the TK24G2, so Chally Sounds not available with this card. The TK24G2 was superseded by TK60G2, so I have special ordered the TK60G2 and put in a reserve order for the TK Programmer just in case I want to change any sounds.

The handset I will worry about when I have the tank, I have hear both sides of a discussion as to whether the box standard handset will work with the Clark board, so it will be easier to just wait, see and test.

FURTHER CONVERSION

I'm thinking I might even go one further with some outside cosmetic conversion and upgrade the skirts to the OP Telic version with sand skirts and also the CIPs, I think Styrene modelling boards should do ok for it, just got to fgure out how to best attach it and model it. I just need to find out what would be best for the sand skirts, first thought was thin leather.
T9FURY
Recruit

Post by T9FURY »

Well I got my Chally on Tuesday morning, charged the battery and had a bash on it. Loving it for the most part. But can't wait to upgrade it, lol, my first RC tank and I am already going to rip it to bits. Not too happy about the superspin, acceleration could do with some improvement, seems to just shoot off like a rocket. And the turning while moving seems a bit jerky.

Have been doing shed loads of research on how to make improvements, it's slow going but getting there. My biggest fear is buying something that is incompatible or buying something that I think will improve it and makes absolutely no difference what so ever.
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Post by rayzzer-b »

High I have found on my chally,,, that the drive sprockets catch and rub against the side skirts on both sides it now derails the tracks it's looking like I'm going to have to cut away one part of the skirts,,, :/ something to work on .
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”