Broken King Tiger metal tracks

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
NGKGTATT
Recruit

Broken King Tiger metal tracks

Post by NGKGTATT »

Hi, i guess i have a question. A few weeks ago i changed my Heng Long King Tiger to metal tracks but after a few runs; the parts of the track broke at the connectors, sometimes the pins are all bent. Why does this happen? What went wrong? :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Broken King Tiger metal tracks

Post by jarndice »

This starts a number of questions,
Where did you buy them/who makes them ?
Are they new or used ?
If you bought them new you should be able to get reimbursed if you have not abused them.
How tight are they on the Tank ?
What surface are you running the Tank on ?
And I know this is a stupid question but are you sure these are the right tracks for your Tank ? Oh by the way,
have you used GUN BLUE on them ?
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
NGKGTATT
Recruit

Post by NGKGTATT »

jarndice wrote:This starts a number of questions,
Are they new or used ?
If you bought them new you should be able to get reimbursed if you have not abused them.
And I know this is a stupid question but are you sure these are the right tracks for your Tank ?
Shaun.
I think those are from Heng Long's from china, my supplier order it direct from China and comes in a plastic bag and no box.
As far i could know they are new...
Not sure about this from my online dealer never confirmed this with him yet.
Not tight at all
I ran my tank on a tar road for a short moment only and it derailed and it happened again after i change into the spares tracks.
It is surely a king tiger's metal tracks of course bro.
Hope these will help...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have not set up the tracks on a Tiger 2 before but the tracks on a Tiger 1 when looked at from the side, should come off the Sprocket and touch down on the 3rd wheel from the sprocket, if it touches down later then the tracks are too tight and if they touch down before then they are too loose.
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Given how expensive a pair of metal tracks are, I would be highly suspicious if they came in a plastic bag without a box.
It sounds like the same kind of pot metal that HENG LONG used to use in their gearboxes.
Shaun.
NGKGTATT
Recruit

Post by NGKGTATT »

jarndice wrote:I have not set up the tracks on a Tiger 2 before but the tracks on a Tiger 1 when looked at from the side, should come off the Sprocket and touch down on the 3rd wheel from the sprocket, if it touches down later then the tracks are too tight and if they touch down before then they are too loose.
Shaun.
Not very understand this, please give more elaboration on this bro.
NGKGTATT
Recruit

Post by NGKGTATT »

jarndice wrote:Given how expensive a pair of metal tracks are, I would be highly suspicious if they came in a plastic bag without a box.
It sounds like the same kind of pot metal that HENG LONG used to use in their gearboxes.
Shaun.
The metal tracks costs me US$83 including shipment, and one the tracks came in 2 pieces- apart broke from the connectors/hinges and i have to use the spare to repair this.
NGKGTATT
Recruit

Post by NGKGTATT »

jarndice wrote:Given how expensive a pair of metal tracks are, I would be highly suspicious if they came in a plastic bag without a box.
Shaun.
What kind of "pot metal" is that?
NGKGTATT
Recruit

Post by NGKGTATT »

NGKGTATT wrote:
Shaun.
What kind of "pot metal" is that?
"pot metal" = inferior quality???
Oh gosh bro, maybe i bought from a wrong dealer?
NGKGTATT
Recruit

Post by NGKGTATT »

jarndice wrote:This starts a number of questions,
Are they new or used ?
And I know this is a stupid question but are you sure these are the right tracks for your Tank ? Oh by the way,
have you used GUN BLUE on them ?
Shaun.
What is gun blue? i think i don't have this item here where i am staying...

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”