HL T-34/85 tank - is it perfect?

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
toshik
Private

HL T-34/85 tank - is it perfect?

Post by toshik »

Nobody ever commented on HL T-34/85 tank model item 3909-1 - is it prefect or nobody has one?
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: HL T-34/85 tank - is it perfect?

Post by ALPHA »

I have two Toshik...and no they are far from perfect...but neither is the Taigen ...nothing is perfect ...all these tanks no matter what brand have flaws....for the most part I think of the flaws as things for the "Modeller"...to work with...If you're not a modeller...and just someone who enjoys playing with these tanks...any brand should do ;)
Now with that said....the Heng Long T34 is a great tank :D

ALPHA
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

hi toshik I have the HL-t34/85 & the only problem I have had with it is I can not get the asiatam/taigen recoil unit to work properly ,it is wired up correctly to the three pin plug in the hull top but the elevation & recoil wont work properly & when I switch it on & off the flash go`s & the headlight wont work even though I have checked the bulb , iff I could get the recoil &elevation to work properly it would be great ,apart from that it is a great tank .tanker 242
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Tanker242,
You should have a cable with a slip cover coming from your Asiatam\Flash unit that you have no match for in your HL T-34 lower hull. Make sure that you have a ground wire ( old HL antenna cables work great for this ) coming from either the on\off switch or engine ground that plugs into this cable. Your asiatam flash will work fine then. Make sure to turn on the main gun switch in the cupola as well.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
toshik
Private

Post by toshik »

I tried to get one from China (the guy promised the whole 9 yards IR, recoil, gun flasher and metal tracks) but the deal did not fly....
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

hi painless, you mean the thick red ground wire, I have that connected to one of the engine negative ,wires to the 2.4ghz mfu,& the blue & white wires are connected together all wires are connected properly but the recoil unit still wont work properly , & the red, yellow, green are connected to the recoil unit & the tree pin plug on the hull top correctly ,all other functions work tank forwards,reverse turret left & right rear light & m/gun ,as I said in previous post the flash go`s whin main switch is turn`d on & off the head light wont come on but the bulb is ok & it is connected up right ,but no elevation or recoil, tanker 242
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Tanker 242,
I just finished shoe-horning one of these units into a StuG III B casemate. There are a couple of micro switches that must function when tripped as well as two motors that drive everything recoil and elevation related. If you are mechanically inclined, remove your turret and trigger the maingun so that you can see what is _not_ happening with your unit. You can then check for binding or loose wires at that point.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

toshik wrote:I tried to get one from China (the guy promised the whole 9 yards IR, recoil, gun flasher and metal tracks) but the deal did not fly....
China?...hope it wasn't with Hobbyraw...those guys are not that great..What happened that made the deal go bad.....the unfortunate thing is the IR version is hard to find in the states....I would say go with the bb and convert it later...the BB can be found at really good prices now...and if you are lucky enough to get one that is a new release...it might come with the Gen3 2.4 rig ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”