Hull strengthening Heng Long Leopard 2a6

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Hull strengthening Heng Long Leopard 2a6

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Well, it's up to you, if it works as it is and the glue holds, save the screws idea till the time it lets you down. Also I was thinking that the large angle could be in the way.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well, it's up to you, if it works as it is and the glue holds, save the screws idea till the time it lets you down. Also I was thinking that the large angle could be in the way.
No it is a good idea. The large angle is not in the way, the turret can rotate freely. Sheer luck cause as a beginner did not think about that. :'(
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Plastic hulls always benefit from extra strength, however it is done.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Plastic hulls always benefit from extra strength, however it is done.
Thanks.
seb4
Private

Post by seb4 »

Wardog wrote:I would have braced the whole length of the tank,and one either end. Maybe one across the motor,bolted to the sides
But you have used u shape instead of maybe L shape.maybe you can put a brace in front of the motor from the stuff you are using.
If the hull does not flex in your hands then you have achieved. :thumbup:
Yes I would like to do to so but it was not possible. There is no room for reinforcement in the gearbox department on the hull sides, see picture.

A brace in front of the motor was not possible since then I will not have enough space to take the gearboxes out if needed.

Putting force on the hull sides with my hands it now feels quite a but more stiff so I hope it is OK for the moment. I can always fit some screws through the u and L shaped balks if needed later.

Thanks for your comment!

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”