Photos of a Tiger 1

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Photos of a Tiger 1

Post by Dietrich »

Hi Guys, :~
These are some photos that I have managed to put together over years from different sites. These photos provide an excellent reference for people wanting to build a Replica of an actual Tiger 1.
I think that they provide a 'Snap-Shot' in time of this particular Tiger 1. It is an 'Early Version' as it has the Paner IV style of stowage bin on the back of the turret instead of the more normal one that we see.The photos were presumably taken by a crewman or by another soldier. The Tiger is numbered 123 and can be identified in the photos which do not contain its number by the side mudguards on the righthand side. The second mudguard is slightly buckled up and the end of the last mudguard is twisted up into the air in a curve. The radio aerial also has a distinctive bend part way up.
You can even see the same crewmen in the different photos !!!
I have never found all these photos in one place before, which seems to be odd that they were'Broken-Up' and not kept as a set.
Attachments
I am not sure with this photo...Possibly the same Tiger...At a later or earlier date...the number is 123 and again it has the panzer IV stowage bin
I am not sure with this photo...Possibly the same Tiger...At a later or earlier date...the number is 123 and again it has the panzer IV stowage bin
Tiger123_07.jpg
Tiger123_07.jpg (41.64 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
c5cammothroughhatch.jpg
u4nhandingammo.jpg
m2zinfrontoftiger123.jpg
a5vcongregatingtiger.jpg
u3yskytiger123.jpg
Tiger123_point.jpg
Tiger123_10.jpg
Tiger123_09.jpg
Tiger123_05.jpg
What could have caused the large circular  dent in the side of the turret / I guess a shell impact but there is no radiating scoring to the armour. Could it have been partially welded as a repair ?
What could have caused the large circular dent in the side of the turret / I guess a shell impact but there is no radiating scoring to the armour. Could it have been partially welded as a repair ?
s0agesturetiger123.jpg
q6lposingtiger123.jpg
Copy of u4oanotherdrinktige1r.jpg
A sharpened up and brightened copy of the first photo
A sharpened up and brightened copy of the first photo
k1ktiger1234.jpg
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Re: Photos of a Tiger 1

Post by Dietrich »

These photographs are now on Alan Hambys' Tiger 1 information site...although even he has missed 2 of the photos here !!!
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished

Return to “Reference Books”