German Tanks of WWII

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
Saxondog
Captain

German Tanks of WWII

Post by Saxondog »

i recently learned I was only 47 not 48 as I thought on Nov.4th my B-DAY. i am lucky as my friends and family know a good used or new book will always make my day. A very old and dear friend (since 3rd grade) drives over the road and always finds me good books. The book this time is German Tanks of WWII BY Dr.S.Hart and Dr,R Hart. Most of these picture histories tend to be a rewording of common histories and pictures that sometimes get the caption right.

Well this book is very well written, explaining the differences in production models and the reasons for the changes in detail. It's what I call a RIVET COUNTER BOOK. Very specific information about the tanks,factories and the engineering staff who developed these fine machines and continued to progress from the early Panzer 1 A-Model to the Jagdpanzer VI AND Jagdtiger.

Then the last chapter reviews the special models and their development and deployment. After that the last pages are charts of production information,unit assignments and strength. It is a very good book if your trying to establish a certain tank was used by a certain unit.

I build my tanks to be from Grossdeutschland Units, even if my paintwork is subject to interpretation the unit and numbering is based on fact.

The authors are both professors,one in England and one in the USA ,the book could be ordered from Barnes and Noble.

cheers Blake
Zen Badger
Recruit

Re: German Tanks of WWII

Post by Zen Badger »

Have you got the isbn number?
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Sorry, i forgot. ISBN 0-76071-581-5 Barnes and Noble.
ironmantom
Recruit

Post by ironmantom »

I have something similar given as a gift a few years ago could be the same book with a different cover, has lots of tech specs, where the tanks fought, who they were deployed with etc, very comprehensive with pretty much every variation of german tank.

Return to “Reference Books”