M3 Lee (US) Grant (British)

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

M3 Lee (US) Grant (British)

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

The first of these three books on the M3 is the most recent, a hardbound volume similar in detail to the now- out-of-print Son of Sherman tome. This is a qute comprehensive book on the M3. The second and third books are likely now (2021) only to be available on the second hand bookseller market. Squadron/Signal sold out most of its stock of In Action and Walk Around paperbacks to David Doyle, who sold many of the remaining of those series through his own business, [url]https://daviddoylebooks.com/[/url.]

Doyle, David. M3 Lee Grant: The design, production and Service of the M3 Lee Medium Tank, The Foundation of America's Tank Industry. AFV Modeler Publications, 2020. ISBN 978-0-9935646-8-0.

Doyle, David. M3 Medium Tank (Lee and Grant). Walk Around. Squadron/Signal, 2008. ISBN 978-0-89747-586-0.

Mesko, Jim. M3 Lee/Grant. In Action. Squadron/Signal, 2008. ISBN 978-0-89747-346-9.
Andy427sc
Recruit

Re: M3 Lee (US) Grant (British)

Post by Andy427sc »

:thumbup: Danke
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Re: M3 Lee (US) Grant (British)

Post by SimonCornes »

The AFV publications book is the one I am reading now. Very I interesting read but no scale drawings or side profiles. Not cheap either. There is a book of just drawings for around £12 but that only has one set of drawings for the Grant, all the others being the Lee which is why I think the old Airfix/PSL book is such good value if you can find a cheap one.

Frankly I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a Tankcraft volume but then the M3 Light Stuart/Honey hasn’t been done by that series yet either

Return to “Reference Books”