Is this just another picture book

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
terry1956
Recruit

Is this just another picture book

Post by terry1956 »

Hi chaps, I am thinking of making a model of the Ausf.B Konigstiger. To do this I need some good scale drawings which I can scale up to 1:6. And also good details of the tank itself. I have seen a book called Ausf.B Konigstiger technical and operational history by a Waldemar Trojca. That states it as detailed drawings etc. But can anyone please let me know if these drawings are any good, are there good details of running gear etc. Or is this just another book full of black and white pictures and side, rear, top view drawings find in many books. Thanks, michael
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Is this just another picture book

Post by Kaczor »

Those one are better. Lots of drawings and 3D renders.
Attachments
22129_rd.jpg
nxxx8e5.png
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

I really like all the TROJCA books ,
Usually full of detailer scalled drawings of most versions of German ww2 armour ..
Some books are highly collectable...
In my eyes
worth every penny paid !!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Two questions, is the text in English and is there a place where I can access the ISBN detail for the Panzer 4 and the Tiger 1? :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

You can spend a fortune on Tiger books if you are not careful, most showing the same basic stuff.

For a King tiger build, i recommend the Superking book that was recently re-released. For the price, you get 450 pages on how to build the Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger, but other than the interior sections, the rest is fully applicable to RC tank exteriors. It includes 58 pages of historical black and white pictures, and 125 pages of close up color pictures of the real thing. Ideally, you should purchase a Trumpeter kit and extrapolate everything to 1/6, shapes, angles and dimensions.
Superking
Superking
Capture30.JPG (93.5 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
A bit more generalistic, volume 6 of the Achtung Panzer series is also very useful, with pictures and detailed graphs, and has info on all tiger variants, including the King Tiger. I have the whole series. I do not have a Panzer build without them on the bench.
PanzerKampfwagen Tiger Achtung Panzer No.6
PanzerKampfwagen Tiger Achtung Panzer No.6
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:Two questions, is the text in English and is there a place where I can access the ISBN detail for the Panzer 4 and the Tiger 1? :thumbup:
The books by Trojka on Amazon Uk are in English and German, but cost a Kaiser's ransom. £60/£100 and so on....up to bankruptcy). Only Panzerjagers and Tigers available on that site, Shaun.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Roy,
What never ceases to surprise me is that 76 years after that particular unpleasantness new books as well as newly discovered information are still coming to market.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

terry1956 wrote:But can anyone please let me know if these drawings are any good, are there good details of running gear etc. Or is this just another book full of black and white pictures and side, rear, top view drawings find in many books.
Tons of drawings. Examples below.
Attachments
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg

Return to “Reference Books”