Suggested American Armour Books ww 2 help appreciated.

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
rctiger1
Private

Suggested American Armour Books ww 2 help appreciated.

Post by rctiger1 »

:D Hello to everyone
On this occasion I am asking for help re the best Photo coverage books on AMERICAN ARMOR IN General and Individual Tank Books covering both the Sherman & Stuart Family of Tanks
I have undertaken many searches and found some titles which I have ordered 2 x Images Of War Covering the SHERMAN and one or two others Including one on the STUART Tanks? to my surprise their did not seem to be many books covering the Stuart Both US & Other countries Stuarts?
so any suggestions as to top notch titles appreciated.I am also looking for 1 or 2 Really good -books covering US Armor in general IE Covering all main types used By US & Allies

many thanks In advance

all the best Steve :thumbup: :thumbup:
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Suggested American Armour Books ww 2 help appreciated.

Post by tomhugill »

Hey the hunnicut(sp?) books have just gone back into print and are considered the American armour bibles.
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Hello Again
Really nice to hear from you
bit of a coincidence I was looking at them only yesterday and thinking they were a bit pricey but I assume without looking they may have being the original editions.Are the new editions available now or in the near future

all the best Steve
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey Steve, been told they out now. There still pricey but there are so many photos in them
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Hi Tom
have just beng doing some sniffing around,and afraid to say , and not for the first time that these new editions are very poor quality when compared to the originals.
You see this very often now a days,very disappointing I found it with Tigers in combat 1&2 and others..
actually gave them away so dissapointed. luckily I do see the STUART TANK Book 1992 so will go for broke and buy the original of this book,really not worth buying photo copy standard of books :-<

cheers Steve :thumbup: :thumbup:

Return to “Reference Books”