few to be going on with...

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
Mad Fox
Corporal

few to be going on with...

Post by Mad Fox »

First up is an old book, possibly still available but very much worth hunting down, Pegasus Bridge by Stephen Ambrose, this is an excellent book with eye witness accounts of not only the action at the bridge but it also deals with the training and lead up to the attack by the Ox and Bucks Light infantry, some of the stuff is quite humourus in places but the book gives a very vivid account of the action.

Next is a paperback I picked up about a year ago, Remembering D-Day by Martin Bowmen Again eye witness accounts all the way and a very good read.

Charles Whitings book, Paths of Death and Glory again was a rather interesting read, the authour uses a mix of eye witness accounts as well as Battalion reports and factual evidence to put together a good book.

Armoured Guardsmen by Robert Boscawen A booked written using the authours own Diaries that he kept during his time in the Guards Armoured, again a good read, It did seem a bit hoity toytie with his words, ie "Wrote to Mummy and Daddy today", not something I would say but get around that and your in for a good, descriptive read as to life in a tank in the guards armoured.
1 H/L Tiger in lots of bits being sorted

"A Tiger gives you a VERY nice Edge"
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: few to be going on with...

Post by [ICE]monkey »

some nice reading there , i will have to look out for them , ( or see if my mummy and daddy can purchase them for one  :D :D )
all the best, ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place

Return to “Reference Books”