Criminal Sherman Tanks of WWII

Please post your useful reference video links here. Please give a short description with each link.
Saxondog
Captain

Criminal Sherman Tanks of WWII

Post by Saxondog »

This is a must watch short Video,detailing the Sherman and the term "CRIMINAL" being applied by their crews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns6l7sCo ... re=related
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
tisaksen
Lance Corporal

Re: Criminal Sherman Tanks of WWII

Post by tisaksen »

Very interesting video, thanks for posting.
tisaksen
Lance Corporal

Post by tisaksen »

I can't imagine what it must have been like for the crew of that sherman in the end, and the panther too, even tho they got away with the second shot hitting right between the driver and radio man, sick!!
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

We build this machines that men Kill each other with and sometimes loose track of that. I was actually watching a members Sherman video and noticed this pop up.

Even now we have young people coming home damaged by this sick,and wasteful war. I'm certain of one thing WAR IS HELL. Still I have often said the Sherman was not our best and America could have done better.

Yet the equipment in several branches of the Military was terrible,the Infamous Brewster Buffalo "fighter" was another worthless piece of equipment prior to real aircraft like the Mustang,and Hurricane.

Seems if our nations could produce such fine Aircraft,then a fine tank should have been simple?

Imagine the battles with 50'000 Centurion Type tanks? D-day to Berlin in a 90 days. Well it is easy to sit here now and Imagine what if,yet I know from talking with my Uncles,father and Brothers that War is often fought by men in a despirt situation,doing their best with what they have.

The Germans Put up one Hell of a fight conidering the Air campain and their raw material issues.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
streetfighterjeff
Sergeant

Post by streetfighterjeff »

got to say, i know we joke about getting shermans so the tigers have something to shoot at, but when you see something like that it brings it all home. must have been horrifiying on both sides to be hit in a tank. something i cant and wouldn't like to imagine.
jeff
only here for a good time, not a long time
HL King Tiger
Torro Tiger I

Return to “Reference Video”