Tank Aces and their Tanks

Please post your useful reference website links here. Please give a short description with each link.
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Tank Aces and their Tanks

Post by Vanguard »

Hi guys, I have looked through the forum and can't find anything, I'm looking for a site or book with Tank aces and pictures of their tanks, Micheal Wittmanns is easy, but others arnt I'm looking to create an aces tank and need reference pics. Can anyone help thanks,Steve.
"A sherman can give you a very nice ...edge"
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tank Aces and their Tanks

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Very many depending on tank type.
Kurt Knispel(KIA '45 , Hungary in a KT)began in StuGs
Otto Carius (recently passed- Tiger 1 217)
Herman Bix(jagdpanther)
Barkmann

A load more names, but certainly in the case of Knispel, not may pictures of the actual machines.
Google is a mine of info, but so are the well known books.

Really its about what you can reasonably credit to be a likely/plausible version of the machine they were in charge of.
Just because there are no known pictures of the machine,only confirms one thing.............there are no known pictures.

Do the research and decide, than please share with us your decided build :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

Yes Google does help with names but not pictures so much, I'm edging towards Ernst Barkmann and Panther 424, or a Tiger of Otto Carius 217, but still gathering info and hunting pictures.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Quite a bit of info, and pics, to be had on german sites, if you want to try that: Here's just one example from: http://forum.cf.panzergeneral.com/threa ... verstorben.
Attachments
Tiger 217
Tiger 217
Otto Carius' Tiger 217.jpg (42.86 KiB) Viewed 7098 times
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I'd love to do Knispels KT but I haven't been able to find decent pics that I know for sure of his tank. Kinda frustrating when you do a search and most of the search results are of model kits built by others who say it's Knispels KT.

Anyone who has any REAL info on Knispels KT that'd be great! :thumbup:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I would love to do 424 but it being a panther A throws a spanner in the works.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jackalope wrote:I'd love to do Knispels KT but I haven't been able to find decent pics that I know for sure of his tank. Kinda frustrating when you do a search and most of the search results are of model kits built by others who say it's Knispels KT.

Anyone who has any REAL info on Knispels KT that'd be great! :thumbup:
Maybe this link will give you a start, Jack. It's in Czech (and I only speak german and a little french...so).. but, I think the pictures speak for themselves. It's an homage if nothing else
http://kurt-knispel.webnode.cz/fotogalerie/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I may have to see if I can find any of the books listed there, no decent pics of his tank, a couple but not that great.

But I do thank you very much for the lead. :thumbup:
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

I found a picture with Kurts regiment hes not in shot but all the King Tigers are the same so its very close, I will hunt it down as Ive looked at so many sites and post a link, a few weeks after the picture was taken he was killed in action, Steve.
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

Hi guys ok hope this link works this is the picture of Kurt Knispels tank regiment in a proproganda picture about two weeks before he was killed in action you can't see his tank but he's in the formation somewhere, as the tanks look all in the same camouflage scheme it will be as close as you will get his tank number is 334 according to a tank aces website.https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php? ... -tiger-2h/

Return to “Reference Websites”