Model Show at the Tank Museum 15-16 Feb 2020

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Model Show at the Tank Museum 15-16 Feb 2020

Post by General Jumbo01 »

The title says it all. It's on weekend after next so not much warning but its model, both static and RC, all types incl tanks and the museum is opening up some of the normally unseen items.

That's all l've been able to find out so far. Anyone know any more, such as can we bring our tanks, hours, prices??
Last edited by General Jumbo01 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Model Show at the Tank Museum 15-16 Feb 2920

Post by silversurfer1947 »

You should find what you need to know here.
https://www.tankmuseum.org/whats-on/eve ... how-spring
It looks like invitation only for the rc models, but you could always enquire form the Tank Museum.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01

Thanks, obvious place to look! :{

I see Haya has a stand but l don't see any RC Tank Warfare group. Why is that? It's such a shame that this site is nothing more than a talk shop when we could be doing so much more together, promoting our hobby.
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

2920! GD I'm amazing if I last until then... :)
General Jumbo01

Re: Model Show at the Tank Museum 15-16 Feb 2020

Sorted!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

There was a group, whose name currently escapes me, who had pretty much sewn up all the Miltary Shows in the south west. They used to hold regular meetings at the Tank Museum. As a generality, they mainly showed 1/6 scale tanks. As a consequence, I guess people were put off.

EDIT: After a bit of reearch, I have found them - Southern Armoured Group. From their Facebook page, they still have a regular meeting there.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01

What people were put off? Isn't it up to us to get our act together and be proactive about getting RCTW groups at shows? It would be great fun and also be a good social event for us. l'm sure that, no matter where in the UK (or indeed elsewhere) the shows are held, there must be a number of us close enough to attend and represent us.

Is there anyone else here that would like to do this or is it just me?
williamthedog
Private

Post by williamthedog »

I was debating whether to visit this show or not. As it happens work commitments decided for me :|
General Jumbo01

It's my birthday on the Saturday and l'm hosting but if l survive then Sunday is a possible. While there l can make enquiries regarding next year and any other events this summer.

Before l do anything though, am l treading on anyone elses toes? Does RCTW have an events organiser or similar? Maybe someone on the staff could answer that please.
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

I am going on the Saturday it should be a good day out. I agree when it comes to getting out there and promoting the hobby. I also do flight simulation and we have a very active group in the southwest we attend the flightsim show at Cosford every year as a group with a stand and it works well..

Return to “Events / Days out”