Model Show at the Tank Museum 15-16 Feb 2020

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
Jimmer
Private

Re: Model Show at the Tank Museum 15-16 Feb 2020

Post by Jimmer »

Never been there is it indoors as weather looks terrible and it’s a 2 hour drive for me.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The forecast for Bovington on the 15th Feb is 12c Light rain and a fresh breeze,
On the 16th Feb 13c Strong winds and rain,
So not very promising for anyone facing a two hour drive there and back. :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Morning all,

I've seen on the attendees list that there is already an Rc tank club registered. Rc tank regiment, they used to have a forum similar to this but that closed down a couple of years back, they are now based as a Facebook forum. I was a member of the RCTR forum when I first started in the hobby but as I don't have a Facebook account I could not migrate over to they're new forum. They have attended these model events for a number of years at bovington of which I was lucky enough to be at a few, they put on a good display including a battlefield, if anyone is interested there is a video on YouTube if you search tankmod bovington 2015, hope this is of some interest :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Could have been worse if it had been this weekend!

However, whilst some of us may attend as a visitor if they have nothing better to do, l was enquiring if we were attending as a RCTW Display team. Apparently not. So my next question was, should l approach Bovinton with a view to us displaying next year. Regardless of the apparent lack of interest, l will do so and see it l can put together a package providing indoor facilities and maybe a discounted deal with a local hotel. I've done this many times before when organising sponsored National, European and World Championships at various race circuits in the uk, all for RC events. It just takes a little positive initiative and then some support to see it through. That last bit is where the UK members here play their part.

It far more fun that sitting indoors all weekend reading about it. Anyone remotely inspired?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Sounds like a notion I could back
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “Events / Days out”