South West Model Show Spring Edition 2020

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
TankMuseum1944
Recruit

South West Model Show Spring Edition 2020

Post by TankMuseum1944 »

On the 15-16 February 2020, over 2 days the Tank Museum will be inviting exhibitors from across the UK to exhibit their models throughout the Museum. Boats, Cars, Plane, Trains, Military Vehicles and, of course, Tanks!

Book online for reduced prices. Annual Passes are valid for this event.

Over two days, see a wide range of models and buy your own!
• Exhibitors and traders throughout the Museum
• Model boats, cars, planes and trains - and, of course, tanks!
• Models and modelling paraphernalia on sale, suitable for novices up to the experienced modeller
• Demonstrations from traders throughout the day
• Tank Museum volunteer modellers will give you expert tips and tricks

Please note: due to the nature of the event, there will be a limited number of Museum tours and talks taking place throughout the day. Some of the indoor exhibits may also be obstructed from public view.

Tickets are available, and the programme will be available to view here: https://tankmuseum.org/whats-on/events/ ... how-spring
Model Expo_2017_146.jpg
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: South West Model Show Spring Edition 2020

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There are some drool-worthy models there, especially those three alluring Comets in the foreground. They look like the 1/6 types made by Armortek.. :P :sick:
Sounds like the best showcase possible for some of our most accomplished, and confident, modellers, but also a great venue, and modelling venue to be immersed in :thumbup: Wow!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I think it is great that Museums are doing this by opening their doors and bringing in scale & model enthusiasts.
It opens up the model world to more people and gets more involved.

However i do have a comment and it is the same with car shows and the like. I have never understood why exhibitors have to pay to exhibit their stuff when it is adding to the collection and will only bring in more interest for the museum or premises.
I also have a large collection of classic cars, but it always gets on my nerves when i am asked to pay to display my vehicle. I could understand if this is being done for business and i were advertising, but not just to have fun.
Obviously there is a point of common sense e.g. you went as a family and 1 member was exhibiting, i would understand that the non exhibitors of the family pay an entrance, but not the person exhibiting.
After all, that person exhibiting will probably be hanging around his model or group and not see the rest of the exhibit.

I wish the show best of luck and look forward to seeing pictures once it has happened :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

If you want to get free access to events you need to organise a club display that the organisers feel will add value. I used to organise and run UK and World class RC motor sport events and would take groups of drivers to major full scale motor sort events either for free or where the event organisers would pay me to bring my 'show' to their paying public.

You have to get a group organised and then approach the event organiser directly, not in response to a public invite. Take the initiative!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I would like to take some of my own models to this one day. Doubt it will be this year as I still have several tanks I’m trying to get ready for my own show season starting in may

But it would be nice to have a photo of my tanks next to the real thing they resemble
It’s your tank it’s what you make it

Return to “Events / Days out”