NW Tank and Military Vehicle group meeting

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: NW Tank and Military Vehicle group meeting

Post by AlwynTurner »

I will be there on Sunday and am bringing a selection of bits and pieces for sale including an air compressor (not a very good one) and airbrushes, plus some WPL body bits, so if you are interested bring some pounds with you. :) :)

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

And I’ll fetch the tissues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

midlife306 wrote:And I’ll fetch the tissues Image
Gosh, it's not going to be one of "Those" types of meetings is it :think:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

All those shots are fantastic and you guys are very lucky to have so many cool tankers that close to each other. I think I recognize some of them from their work. 8)

Wayne, the T-35 is looking really good. That's one I can't wait to see video of. @) Hey, is 275 quid a good deal for a brand new dragon 1/6 Sherman m4a3 (105)? There's one on ebay and in addition they want 76.45 USD for shipping, but they're less than a half hour from me so I could pick it up. Waddaya think? :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Max-U52 wrote:All those shots are fantastic and you guys are very lucky to have so many cool tankers that close to each other.
Yeah, I only travelled 240 miles to end up on my knees with Tom Hugill in one of the pictures lol.
Attachments
20200130_012035.jpg
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Sorry, Mick, but that's nothin'. I drive 7 hours and 426 miles to get my closest relative for holidays and what not. Closest cool battlefield is 612 miles away. When it comes to proximity to cool tankers, you lucky dog Brits have the whole world beat. :/
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Max-U52 wrote:All those shots are fantastic and you guys are very lucky to have so many cool tankers that close to each other.
Yeah, I only travelled 240 miles to end up on my knees with Tom Hugill in one of the pictures lol.
And they both couldn’t agree which way it was to Mecca...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Glad tidings of great joy. :clap: :clap: :D

George Barnes has just contacted me to advise that the first post plague meeting of the club at the Scout Hut is being held on Sunday 1st August - come one come all.

Just a couple of things to be aware of
1. Bring your own cup, flask, or cold beverage of choice as all the cups etc have been removed from the kitchen as an obvious Covid precaution.
2. A new door has been installed inside the hut and you will have to ring a bell to gain entry

George tells me that masks are not compulsory but some of you may want to wear them as a precaution, I am fully jabbed so I won't be.

Otherwise see you all there

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

An update on the previous announcement.

Unfortunately the hut owners have come up with 26 PAGES of notes, does and don'ts, conditions, stipulations etc that means that George will be held personally liable if anything goes wrong, so in this case we are not going ahead with 1st August and may not now meet up until next year.

Sorry for getting everyone excited but it seems Covid has struck again. :/ :( :crazy:

Alwyn

Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Well at least Wayne and Pete won't have an excuse to not come down to Grantham on that day now... :haha:

Return to “Events / Days out”