RX-18 Cooling Fan

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
philipat
Sergeant

Re: RX-18 Cooling Fan

Post by philipat »

Good point...hadn't considered that.  Does the cover come off if someone wanted to go down that road?
tankman

Post by tankman »

Hi Philipat the cover can be fully removed if you want to do it that way. The board just sits inside. All the best for now
Alan
Dmon1996
Lance Corporal

Post by Dmon1996 »

I have had good luck with getting laptop fans off eBay for a Dell 4150. I've gotten thenm for about $5.00 each with the shipping when buying three. They are about 25mm, and are 5 Volts.
D'mon1996
Tamiya 1st gen Sherman, Tamiya King Tiger (in box), HL Pershing (metallized & weathered), HL Tiger I (in progress, plastic), HL Panzer IV (metal gears & arms, plastic track), HL Panther (donor tank, to be radically modified)
Sanity optional....
tankman

Post by tankman »

Good buy those Dmon 1996. I went down to Cardiff today and picked up the 17 x 17mm 5v fans for £4.99 each. Quick test shows they will run fine on 7.2v but I may go and get a resistor to keep the voltage down to the recomended 5v. These little fans give a nice flow of air into the RX 18 enclosure. I hope that it will keep the fet's nice and cool even under load. All the best for now
Alan
PS also picked up a digital vernier calliper for £9.99 in the sale  ;D

Return to “General Discussion”