KV1, KV2, T26 Tank der Soviets

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Topper
Corporal

KV1, KV2, T26 Tank der Soviets

Post by Topper »

Hello
Following on from my other post,I thought you might enjoy seeing these photographs.
Sorry I still do not know how to upload high res photographs,Im waiting for my son to help me,
All the best
Frank
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: KV1, KV2, T26 Tank der Soviets

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Perhaps when you get some high-resolution versions they can all be put in one thread. Maybe others will have unpublished photos, too. I would be eager to see unpublished photos.
It looks as if the KV-2 was stuck and bit of plank (or log) road was built in an attempt to get the tank out.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Forums will not allow high-resolution photographs, the files are too big.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

These are 2 KV 1 photographs from my other post, I should have posted them in 1 post.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Topper wrote:Forums will not allow high-resolution photographs, the files are too big.

You can use a site like flickr, and upload high resolution pictures there. then use a link to put them here in the post.
That way you can have a high resolution picture and if people are interested they can download it from the website where you have uploaded your pictures
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Perhaps when you get some high-resolution versions they can all be put in one thread. Maybe others will have unpublished photos, too. I would be eager to see unpublished photos.
It looks as if the KV-2 was stuck and bit of plank (or log) road was built in an attempt to get the tank out.
Herr Dr, I don't know if you are on Facebook, or Vkontakte (which I doubt for sure :D) but there are many groups where original pictures are published. Certainly on Vkontakte many Russian people are uploading pictures of the eastern front.
Regards,
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Thanks, jee: I have resisted Facebook for years---nay--decades now. :haha: That is largely because my internet access is wretched, I spend enough time on my duff as it is, and a friend of mine, no stranger to the internet, got a really nasty computer virus through Facebook. However, I will soon give in. :/
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Topper: What do you think about the condition of these tanks in the photos? To my eyes ( :/ bad) the KV-1 does not seem to be disabled by damage from an AP shot or mine. I see that the machine gun was removed, as if the tank were purposefully abandoned. And apparently, the tank was overtaken by bicycle troops. That must have been a sort of Keystone Cops chase. :haha:
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Topper: What do you think about the condition of these tanks in the photos? To my eyes ( :/ bad) the KV-1 does not seem to be disabled by damage from an AP shot or mine. I see that the machine gun was removed, as if the tank were purposefully abandoned. And apparently, the tank was overtaken by bicycle troops. That must have been a sort of Keystone Cops chase. :haha:
Hello Herr Dr. Professor
Mechanical failure would be my guess for the KV2,KV1 and the T26.The last two photographs, one KV1 lost a track and the tow cables are ready for towing, the 2nd KV1 was hit 4 or 5 times and the turret has lifted off.
I would be interested to see photographs from out Russian friends.
All the best
Frank
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Thanks, jee: I have resisted Facebook for years---nay--decades now. :haha: That is largely because my internet access is wretched, I spend enough time on my duff as it is, and a friend of mine, no stranger to the internet, got a really nasty computer virus through Facebook. However, I will soon give in. :/
Herr Dr. I know that feeling, but dont worry, just dont click on strange links, check who wants to be "friends" with you (I usualy google a bit before accepting) and if you skip all the B*llshit there is also a lot of great info.

I can recommend following Yuri Pasholok, a Russian guy who writes a lot about the war and tanks etc. Very great info.
This kind of things he writes:

about a paper Russian light tank: https://zen.yandex.ru/media/yuripasholo ... 3a88293c0c
about M24 chaffee: https://zen.yandex.ru/media/yuripasholo ... 4b1b00ae87
(I use Chrome translation to read it, my Russian is still bad :D)

Regards
Regards,

Return to “General Discussion”