CENTURION PICS

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

CENTURION PICS

Post by HERMAN BIX »

With the release of the Tamy & impending Haya centurions, I thought Id better get a few of the pics I have taken of the Aussie machines in various locations.
I can get a lot more of the ones located at a place not far from me called Tankride if required.
Im not sure what 'Marks' they are, but you guys that like them will know.
The first lot are from a Vietnam Museum outside Melbourne, I was very rushed & didnt have ideal positioning for full tank profiles so I just grabbed the turret & stowage to show the busy arrangement of gear all over it.

https://vietnamvetsmuseum.org/

I will get the rest up when I can resize them.
Attachments
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1557.JPG (89.21 KiB) Viewed 716 times
IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1556.JPG (95.44 KiB) Viewed 716 times
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG (87.21 KiB) Viewed 716 times
IMG_1554.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG (94.63 KiB) Viewed 716 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: CENTURION PICS

Post by Ad Lav »

Photos always helpful, thanks Herman!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Happy to help if possible mate.
I think that once Ive got the other ones resized, they will be average at best, but if I plan to go up to Tankride to get specifics, I would need to be filled in on whats needed.

https://tankride.com.au/

Hes closed to rides, but I should be ok to get up there for pics.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Some handy details there, HB, for folk who like to go the extra... centimeter... in a build!. One there looks like it's prepared for a very long trip out into the bush :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Awesome pics from above showing details not normally seen, Thanks Herman! :clap:

The pics will come in handy when I start my Aussie Vietnam Centurion build. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

To add to the fund of Centurion photos, for future builders, tweakers here's one I took of the Mk 3 at Bovington:
Then a couple of the (Mk 7?) I snapped at the Swiss Military Museum at Full (the placename; not a volume statement :D )
By sheer coincidence, I just discovered that the Swiss museum has given a Centurion to Bovington ( I refuse to use 'gifted', as that's an adjective describing Louis- Imcq11!!).
Here's the article, with some neat pictures.

https://www.swanage.news/swiss-army-gif ... g-to-wrap/

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I was going to add a couple of pics I took of a real rare beast, but I think this web link is better. It has a picture similar to one I took near the bottom of the article.
I'll still have a look for the pictures that I took quite a few years ago and post them, don't think they were that good to be honest.

FV3805 Centurion SPG - Tanks Encyclopedia
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/cold-war ... 5-spg/?amp
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “General Discussion”