Haya 1/16 Centurion outlook details

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
andrewrc
Private

Haya 1/16 Centurion outlook details

Post by andrewrc »

Hello everyone !
After 2 years working on this model , the designs have been completed.
Here are some pictures to view its details.
Hope your guys like it.
release is about in July 2022.

RTC version is MK3 with 20 ponder metal barrel
105 mm metal barrel , MK5 turret top , IR light , barrel smoke extractor are optional.

Any comments, please contact thru our website : http://www.hayaltd.co.uk
Attachments
Cent-10.jpg
Cent-9.jpg
Cent-8.jpg
Cent-7.jpg
Cent-6.jpg
Cent-5.jpg
Cent-4.jpg
Cent-3.jpg
Cent-2.jpg
Cent-1.jpg
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Haya 1/16 Centurion outlook details

Post by Tiger6 »

Looks good, will you be offering the same no electronics/plastic rtr/metal rtr and chassis available seperately options as you currently do with the Chieftain?
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

I will have a set of tracks and sprocket, for my Centurion lol.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Like many, i was not expecting a 3D printed model. Good effort, looks ok but very demanding guys like me will compare it to the Tamiya model in price and quality. I am happy to see competition. If this is the final design though, i recommend fixing issues regarding the fit of some parts resulting in apparent gaps, and also with the shape of the road wheels.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Things I like are the 20 pdr B barrel and 105mm barrel.

Not so keen on the thickness of some parts and the road wheels.

If Tamiya hadn’t announced a Centurion I would be buying this!

Sadly you’ve got stiff competition.
andrewrc
Private

Post by andrewrc »

lmcq11 wrote:Like many, i was not expecting a 3D printed model. Good effort, looks ok but very demanding guys like me will compare it to the Tamiya model in price and quality. I am happy to see competition. If this is the final design though, i recommend fixing issues regarding the fit of some parts resulting in apparent gaps, and also with the shape of the road wheels.
--- this 3D printed is only for the purpose to see details . The final products will be moulds injected ABS plastic , like chieftain. Rubber tyres not same as the 3D printed sample , just painted by hand. The final tyres are properly down scaled from the real ones in the tank museum.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

andrewrc wrote:
lmcq11 wrote:Like many, i was not expecting a 3D printed model. Good effort, looks ok but very demanding guys like me will compare it to the Tamiya model in price and quality. I am happy to see competition. If this is the final design though, i recommend fixing issues regarding the fit of some parts resulting in apparent gaps, and also with the shape of the road wheels.
--- this 3D printed is only for the purpose to see details . The final products will be moulds injected ABS plastic , like chieftain. Rubber tyres not same as the 3D printed sample , just painted by hand. The final tyres are properly down scaled from the real ones in the tank museum.
Ah, that's great ! Thank you for the clarifications. I hope there will also be a static version of your model, i might need a couple. And if you are able to provide a realistic and flexible canvas cover for the mantlet, that would certainly give it a tactical advantage over competition.
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

I'm glad to see a competitor for the Tamiya and the Haya version will be less work to convert to an Australian Centurion in Vietnam so it has me very interested. I look forward to seeing the final product.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I'll wait until both kits are reviewed before making my decision about which to buy, but if the Haya Cent would be offered without electronics...that is a big plus for me.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “General Discussion”