Heng Long KV-2 V.7 Pro edition review.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Heng Long KV-2 V.7 Pro edition review.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

phpBB [video]
I've subscribed to the RC Tanks and Trucks channel, as the reviews are always informative, balanced, and detailed. This is is no exception.
Of particular interest to anyone buying a tank sporting the v7 series of Heng Long controllers, could be the run-through of controls, and tweaks via button combinations (speed; volume; and so on). Of interest to me was the huge gun which not only fires BBs, but also has barrel recoil. I'd like to see how that works, and whether it's anything like the system Taigen used on the Tiger 1. :think:
The tank also has IR capability. This is the 'Pro' model featuring metal tracks, swingarms, idlers, and drive sprockets, etc.
I think Haya sells the model under a 'Platinum' designation, for around £200- which doesn't seem unduly pricey. :think: It's currently a pre-order item.
https://www.hayaltd.co.uk/Heng_Long_KV2 ... 93463.aspx
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hen Long KV-2 V.7 Pro edition review.

Post by Kaczor »

KV with modern tank sounds - nope.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Under £200 seems to be the plastic basic version, add another 100plus for platinum. Still reasonable but LD prefer a v6.x version.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Just took a quick look 43rd and the 'platinum' version adds another £103.00 + vat (around£124.00) to the 'standard' which, I think, is still a pretty good price overall. My main concern is that it will still have all that metal work running in a plastic hull - a problem I encountered with my one and only HL, the T-90 (Platinum also). At this price, though, it remains for now on my 'interest' list, so to speak :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Maybe it will be available elsewhere for less than Andrew's asking; it's still a new release. I agree that it's lacking in the sounds department and can't understand how, after leaps forward elsewhere (motion for example), HL deem a Turbo-diesel or gas turbine motor- albeit proportional- suitable for their WW2 tanks. :eh:
For, say, £150 I'd be interested; but then I 'd like to see how the recoiling BB cannon works. Should anyone buy one, do post pics of the gun mechanism. :thumbup
@ Dr Phibes- yes I'm with you Doc on the all-plastic hull issue. I guess, alloy sheets could be bonded in, to beef it up. At least with the T34, there's the option of the Taigen metal/ABS hull.
Taigen also produced a metal/ABS hull for the KV-1. If one's still available, that would give the KV-2 some heft and solidity.
https://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/tai ... 1926-p.asp
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Kaczor

Re: Heng Long KV-2 V.7 Pro edition review.

Post by Kaczor »

You can buy Taigen KV-2 turret, downgrade it to Soviet version and forgot about heng Long spring suspension and plastic hull ;)
https://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/tor ... 1740-p.asp
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

I'm building a KV-1 with the taigen hull just now. One thing is I am really not a fan of how the lower and upper hull connect. It's fiddly and really hard to get to engage. I also don't like having holes in the underside as I can let water in.
delta19
Recruit

Post by delta19 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Maybe it will be available elsewhere for less than Andrew's asking; it's still a new release. I agree that it's lacking in the sounds department and can't understand how, after leaps forward elsewhere (motion for example), HL deem a Turbo-diesel or gas turbine motor- albeit proportional- suitable for their WW2 tanks. :eh:
For, say, £150 I'd be interested; but then I 'd like to see how the recoiling BB cannon works. Should anyone buy one, do post pics of the gun mechanism. :thumbup
@ Dr Phibes- yes I'm with you Doc on the all-plastic hull issue. I guess, alloy sheets could be bonded in, to beef it up. At least with the T34, there's the option of the Taigen metal/ABS hull.
Taigen also produced a metal/ABS hull for the KV-1. If one's still available, that would give the KV-2 some heft and solidity.
https://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/tai ... 1926-p.asp

Heng Long has made two versions of the V7, one that is all modern and one that is the T90 and tiger, the sherman I bought over Christmas has the T90 and tiger V7
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

My KV-2 came with the T90 / Tiger sound set. Got a Panther for my son's Christmas & it came with the dreaded turbine sound track. Go figure. :/
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Are the v7 versions marked as early and late sound files? Indeed, are the outer boxes marked? Regarding barrel recoil, you will find these crop up now and again on eBay but almost always from China with long delivery dates and high prices.

If £300 odd for Haya's premium type is okay with the purchaser, l'm sure he could supply it with the early sound files - Andrew does his very best to please if you ask.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Discussion”