Shipping From China

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Re: Shipping From China

Post by MonsieurTox »

Nice kit, I got one 3 years ago, I've started to work on it. Lots of work to get a decent model. I made a 100% new coning tower, I'm using the Eduard resin and PE deck gun, I'm hidding all screws access (deck and hull), I've sanded all rivets as they are way underscaled, I will make new ones or just dont make them at all, it'll look better without them, I have redone all the weld lines of the pressure hull and saddle tanks (they are wrong like on any kits, it seems everyone is copying the old 1/72 Revell kit...). I am modifying the flood holes to match the Type VIIC I'm replicating (U-203).

Happy building !
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

MonsieurTox wrote:Nice kit, I got one 3 years ago, I've started to work on it. Lots of work to get a decent model. I made a 100% new coning tower, I'm using the Eduard resin and PE deck gun, I'm hidding all screws access (deck and hull), I've sanded all rivets as they are way underscaled, I will make new ones or just dont make them at all, it'll look better without them, I have redone all the weld lines of the pressure hull and saddle tanks (they are wrong like on any kits, it seems everyone is copying the old 1/72 Revell kit...). I am modifying the flood holes to match the Type VIIC I'm replicating (U-203).

Happy building !

Some handy tips already, Jim :D
Here's another: judging by the scale of the model, there's room inside for a secret stash of single malt (ballast tanks, maybe :think: ). The Periscope could be an ersazt straw :D Thus you'd have the perfect 'U' boat (U= Under the influence). It could prove to be handy for serving guests in a large outdoor heated pool :think: :thumbup:

That delivery time really is impressive, by the way. Must be a new intercontinental drone service...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I first saw one of those kits pre-Covid in a Chicago hobby store. I wanted to buy it for a friend, but then I saw the price. Aaaaiiiiiah! :O I do understand the problem of time, Jim, but get goin'! :P
Robdd11
Recruit

Post by Robdd11 »

Just got my three boxes weighing 47kg from HK to Uk in 4 days ….. HG P802, 804 & 805, can’t fault the service especially with ongoing issues
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Wow! And I thought I was special. That’s very fast.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Plentiful images of the type V11C U.Boat here, Jim. This was a British-operated one. :O :D The Royal Navy figured how to make it work properly, but weren't that great at sinking stuff with it. :shh:
It's also a shame that it wasn't kept for the future benefit of WW2 history tourists. :/ Still, that's hindsight for you... :D
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks for the cool link!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jarndice wrote:I am the very proud owner of the WCP 1/16 88 mm flak and having compared it with the 1/18 alternative there really is no contest.
The detail is incomparable :thumbup:
Jimster wrote:Wish that WCP model had been available before I got the Merit kit. Grrrrrr! I definitely love all my WCP kits.

Cheers guys :)
Just watch the space for 2022, we decided to start making kits rather than just fully assembled models as we had lots of interest.

I just need to finish some long term overdue ones and then start with the build list of some new like Flak40 etc
And everything we have done in the past is getting upgraded with more working RC stuff
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “General Discussion”