Pending Tamiya 16th scale Centurion.............

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Chris Preston
Recruit

Pending Tamiya 16th scale Centurion.............

Post by Chris Preston »

'Evening All,

With Tamiya's new 16th scale Centurion on the verge of being released, is anyone planning after-market upgrades and/or conversion kits to build later Marks of the Centurion? I'd be interested in a update/conversion kit to build a Canadian Mk 11. (Once I get my Tamiya Sherman Firefly Mk Ic (Hybrid) completed.)

Cheers,

Chris Preston
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Pending Tamiya 16th scale Centurion.............

Post by jarndice »

The HAYA Centurion is scheduled to include a number of different parts that will allow more than one version to be built although unlike the Tamiya Centurion it will be RTR.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

MK Modellbau and Ludwigs do an L7A1 barrel already.

I’m sure some 3D printing will help make available options for a mk5 Aussie and a Shot Kal.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Its a bit early for that. Let's see first what we are dealing with from Tamiya and Haya.

For an L7 105mm barrel, I would recommend the one designed for the Leopard 1 from AFV_Model. It is full metal instead of having the bore evacuator in resin, looks longer and seems to have an adapter to connect to a recoil unit. For the thermal sleeves, maybe Perfect scale Modellbau can separately sell the ones they include with the Leopard 1A5 turret. Their L7 is nice but designed for static display and too short to use with a recoil unit. Avoid the ones designed for a Tiran conversion of the Hooben T-55 kit, these are definitely too short at the breech.

https://afv-model.com/2657/Leopard-1-Le ... -105mm-KwK
L7 105mm AFV Model
L7 105mm AFV Model

Return to “General Discussion”