RC Basics for newbies...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

RC Basics for newbies...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I had a message from a newbie, lately re: RC basics, and this led me to look around for suitable intros to the topic. Generally, I think I'm right in saying it's not a subject that comes up here often- if at all. I suppose when I joined I was unfamiliar with the acronyms, abbreviations and technology that underpin the hobby ('MFU', for example). Many come here to model tanks from other RC disciplines, and are thus equipped with the basics of RC, and often much of the equipment needed. Thus, it's easy to overlook the needs of the uninitiated. :)
Anyway, I had a quick peep around the 'Net and found a couple of Youtube videos than might be useful for newbies, or as refresher (or conversion course) for oldies.
Feel free to add any other sources that might fit the bill.
The first one really is about the electronic basics. The second goes into useful (and comprehensible) detail for those exploring the art of 3D printing, and equipping, their own models.
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Any other useful source material, or suggestions welcomed (apart from the rude ones :lolno: ) :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”