Finally back to tanking!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Finally back to tanking!

Post by bikerdude »

Finally got a tank again today. Sold my Bulldog a couple of years ago when the control board caught fire, had it in the garage to fix but then we were moving house and I wanted to get rid of as much as possible so I had less to move, so sold it, meaning to replace it when we'd moved. We moved in 6 days before the 1st Covid lockdown, and I never got around to replacing it. When I did eventually look, prices had shot up!

Popped to Wicksteed at war today, and had a look round the forgebear/Grantham Light Armoured Division stand, got talking to 1 of the blokes who mentioned he had a Panzer III for sale. Upgraded to 2.4Ghz with a couple of other mods, and a nice looking paint job, which is something I've never been able to do. I didn't have the money so declined, then walking around a few minutes later my wife said she'd buy it for me as a Christmas present! So went back and got it (after eventually finding a cash point). Given it a go in the garden when we got home and it's great to have a tank again!

So project for tomorrow, is see if I've got enough odds and ends in the garage to build a bridge or something to put in the garden for some obstacle driving.

A few quick photos, if they come up too large please say and I'll resize...

jarndice
Colonel

Re: Finally back to tanking!

Post by jarndice »

I don't care too much for it's shining paintwork but in every other aspect it is most impressive :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

A nice Kursk'y looking PzIII mate. Great to have you back too ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Post by bikerdude »

jarndice wrote:I don't care too much for it's shining paintwork but in every other aspect it is most impressive :thumbup:
It won't stay that shiny for long, I'll be taking it through the local woods in the next few days, nice and muddy up there at the moment, nothing quite like natural weathering...
HERMAN BIX wrote:A nice Kursk'y looking PzIII mate. Great to have you back too ;)
I'll freely admit I know very little about tanks and era's/regions, but it looked good sat in amongst the rest of them. Spent a few hours driving it around the kitchen today.

Might also give me the kick I need to get on and 3D print a tank too.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D Hope the spouse doesn't come to regret her generosity, especially when the one current tank morphs into a whole division :haha: :thumbup: But that's a decent looking Pz 111 :thumbup: A good start on the road to ruin. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Post by bikerdude »

43rdRecceReg wrote::D Hope the spouse doesn't come to regret her generosity, especially when the one current tank morphs into a whole division :haha: :thumbup: But that's a decent looking Pz 111 :thumbup: A good start on the road to ruin. :D
Already on the lookout for a cheap battered tank, as now the youngest wants one to join in the fun...

Return to “General Discussion”