RC tank community

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: RC tank community

Post by General Jumbo01 »

"I'll answer since I type a hell of a lot more words than Dean. LOL."

Excellent answer, thanks.

"HL systems are utter crap"

Not so useful when probably 50% or more of the planet's RC tank modeling hobbyists rely on HL at some point. At least HL is making a big effort to improve itself!

Nice club battle fields btw. If, as you obviously do, respect the land you use then other users will respect your use of it.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Jarlath wrote:
There is no "Instant" growth. It starts with a love of our tanks and a desire and drive to get more people into loving tanks like we do. It will take several years and even then you need newer blood (aka younger people) to take over at some point to keep up the volunteering and effort to maintain, promote, etc...
nIce fields, I assume, regarding your excellent communication skills you are the marketing manager of the club :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

jee wrote:
Jarlath wrote:
There is no "Instant" growth. It starts with a love of our tanks and a desire and drive to get more people into loving tanks like we do. It will take several years and even then you need newer blood (aka younger people) to take over at some point to keep up the volunteering and effort to maintain, promote, etc...
nIce fields, I assume, regarding your excellent communication skills you are the marketing manager of the club :D
Maybe someday, but for the last few years I have been the spokesperson for our field only because Dean was deaf as a post (he got some good hearing aids in the last year or so). I have done public speaking and regularly am at trade shows and I am a bit of a Grammar Nazi. :)

One other note for those wanting to start club on someone else's property and this lends itself to leaving the field cleaner than when you arrived. Absolutely NO BB's are to be shot around.
IR Battles have no lasting effects, but BB's can ricochet and you don't want everyone attending to have to wear eye protection. Nor do you want to have to police 6mm plastic pellets from grass, because I guarantee you will miss one and someone else outside of the RC club will notice it (Murphy's law). Biodegradable BB's take weeks to dissolve in rainfall/moisture, so again BB's are a no-go.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"[A]nd I am a bit of a Grammar Nazi." You have thrown down the gauntlet. Now Herr Doc. Prof. is watching. :D
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Your own forum and Facebook! So lots of words. Are they all as comprehensively damning as yours!

So what does your club do? Is it a show and tell gathering or do you battle for example, and what systems do you focus on. Hiw many active members attend each week? This information could help us all grow new clubs in our areas.

Since we are on grammar and language, I should have been more clear, the HL system is utter crap when it comes to IR battling. Range outdoors maybe 6 to 10 feet and that is with their "new" mushroom apples. When you fire there is no reload time at all so you basically have an IR machine gun. No way to set weight classes, ammo loads, damage upon being hit, etc...

Some other notes, this whole recoil when firing thing drives everyone crazy. And sorry, most of the tanks from WW II did not have superspin! Still herky jerky driving, smokers die quickly, boards burn out fairly regularly when used on irregular surfaces. BUT yes, they are improving but the cost is also climbing fast. But I do thank them for making hulls that all in our club and many others rebuild into lethal IR machines... :-)
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

That's what we do isn't it? :)

Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Tis true Jumbo! :-)
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

dgsselkirk wrote:But I do thank them for making hulls that all in our club and many others rebuild into lethal IR machines... :-)
This is the part that I do... I leave the painting and diorama-level detail work to the modeling experts/artists... Not my forte!

Return to “General Discussion”