Panzer III with Schurzen

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Panzer III

Post by Kaczor »

Nice! It's good that this awfu BB gun was replaced in the end for proper 50mm ;)
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Rob.

Simply outstanding!

It always amazes me to see how a skilled modeler(s) can transform even the most basic of models into a stunning work of art.

I envy your skills.

Frank
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Aw, man, I couldn't have let that beauty go. But then again, I couldn't have accomplished what you did anyway! Congratulations on the fine work. Now build another one for yourself. Do you remember the old Monogram (or was it Revell?) 1/32 Pzkw. with the optional Schürzen with a hole in it? Now there's one to do in 1/16, with a happy, surviving crew.
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Hi guys.
I took more than 300 pics during the entire built, so the pics on here are just a few a them.
And indeed, I have been in doubt....selling the tank or keeping it for myself....
As I said, it has been an awfull lot of work, lots of measuring, lots of fooling around with those 1.4mm screws and nuts, which sometimes really drove me "nuts", when they were catapulted through the room and the wife and me had to lay on the floor to find the damn small nut again.
I even was slightly proud of what I made, but the offer was that good, I just could not resist.
Maybe I can built one of my one, once again....ever...
But for now, I do have too many projects awaiting to get finished or even to get started.
The plastic StuG needs to get brushed in camo, the Schürzen on the StuH-42 are also in need of a camo pattern.
My Jagdpanther needs Schürzen, as well as my Panzer IV.
I do have a Jagdpanzer IV and a StuG Ausf.- A project to get started.
Lately I got me a new Tiger 1 early, which is going to be transformed into an Initial Production one, with the 2 bins alongside the turret.
So there is much more to come as you can see.
CU next time guys.
Rob.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rob'59 wrote:Hi guys.
I took more than 300 pics during the entire built, so the pics on here are just a few a them.
And indeed, I have been in doubt....selling the tank or keeping it for myself....
As I said, it has been an awfull lot of work, lots of measuring, lots of fooling around with those 1.4mm screws and nuts, which sometimes really drove me "nuts", when they were catapulted through the room and the wife and me had to lay on the floor to find the damn small nut again.
I even was slightly proud of what I made, but the offer was that good, I just could not resist.
Maybe I can built one of my one, once again....ever...
But for now, I do have too many projects awaiting to get finished or even to get started.
The plastic StuG needs to get brushed in camo, the Schürzen on the StuH-42 are also in need of a camo pattern.
My Jagdpanther needs Schürzen, as well as my Panzer IV.
I do have a Jagdpanzer IV and a StuG Ausf.- A project to get started.
Lately I got me a new Tiger 1 early, which is going to be transformed into an Initial Production one, with the 2 bins alongside the turret.
So there is much more to come as you can see.
CU next time guys.
Rob.
So pleased that you use nuts and bolts in the build of your armour, I find the secret to NOT loosing nuts and bolts is A Nut Spinner of the correct size and a dab of spit to hold the nut before you screw it on the bolt.
There are two British companies that I use who sell Nut Spinners,----------
www.modelfixings.co.uk
www.prime-miniatures.co.uk
Nice build and I shall watch with great interest your further progress :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Amazing work

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Thnkz Shaun, I will look into those nut spinner things.
Cheers,
Rob
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

BTW...thank you all for the positive comments so far.
Grtz. Rob
Rob59
Sergeant

Re: Panzer III with Schurzen

Post by Rob59 »

Did check on those Nut Spinners, but........you cannot always use them.
My turret armour for example, cannot use 'm because there's not enough room between armour and turret to get the spinner on.
I used pliers to hold the nuts, with the risk of them little f*ckers getting launched through the room.
So be bit, I got it done anyway!
Thanks anyway Shaun!
Grtz Rob
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Panzer III with Schurzen

Post by jarndice »

Open ended spanners are very useful in tight spots even better are spanners that are open ended at one end and ring at the other these are available from Modelfixings,
Sometime back I was trying to fix door hinges on the inside of a 1/8 scale r/c aircraft and I held the nut inside a plastic drinking straw from the opposite doorway,
The ones that have a bendy centre so you can use them at an offset angle.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”