New British RC Tank from Tamiya

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: New British RC Tank from Tamiya

Post by Ad Lav »

Raminator wrote:I can't say I've seen or heard the Sheridan in action, it's not a vehicle that's ever interested me at all. Just going from the (admittedly poor quality) video earlier, the Centurion's sounds have that same weird synthetic quality Tamiya tanks have; I've always thought there's something a bit off about the pitch shifting they use to simulate motor speed. Doesn't hold up compared to aftermarket options like Elmod or Clark, which would be fine if they weren't charging what they are.

Maybe it's just me, but If I'm expected to part with a weeks' worth of pay for something like this it'd want to be something pretty spectacular... and this ain't it, chief.
New electronics and gearboxes are a lot better.

The video isn’t good enough to cast a vote on - a proper video up close will tell us more. They have surprised a lot of people with this release, and I for one am very happy about it.
Last edited by Ad Lav on Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I would say that as long as there are any new products coming out from any manufacturer, thats a good sign.
Wonder how many will end up being Shot-kal's or Vietnam Australian versions once they get about the community ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I would say that as long as there are any new products coming out from any manufacturer, thats a good sign.
Wonder how many will end up being Shot-kal's or Vietnam Australian versions once they get about the community ?
Aussie 5/1.

Shot Meteor or Shot Kal.

Can’t wait myself, had withdrawal symptoms from tanks lol

Haya’s one looks set for release in Summer 2022. Interesting to see the price of that compared to this one.
Last edited by Ad Lav on Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Raminator wrote:I can't say I've seen or heard the Sheridan in action, it's not a vehicle that's ever interested me at all. Just going from the (admittedly poor quality) video earlier, the Centurion's sounds have that same weird synthetic quality Tamiya tanks have; I've always thought there's something a bit off about the pitch shifting they use to simulate motor speed. Doesn't hold up compared to aftermarket options like Elmod or Clark, which would be fine if they weren't charging what they are.

Maybe it's just me, but If I'm expected to part with a weeks' worth of pay for something like this it'd want to be something pretty spectacular... and this ain't it, chief.
£800 per week :O You don't have any vacancies I suppose ???
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Wonder how many will end up being Shot-kal's or Vietnam Australian versions once they get about the community ?
Taking into account the heated discussion on all forums and Facebook groups, we will see many variants and modifications ;)
I'm not into post war tanks but it's good to see a new kit from major player.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I hope Mr Haya's ones get a warm reception from the hobby community, perhaps he can make them with a bit less generalisation in mind which should suit the niche market of hard core modelers.
A bit surprising that no one has released a mainstream WW1 Mk4 :think:

Should be great spectating for those like me that are not modern tank inclined, but can certainly appreciate the work of those that are.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Ad Lav wrote:The video isn’t good enough to cast a vote on - a proper video up close will tell us more. They have surprised a lot of people with this release, and I for one am very happy about it.
You're right, I'm being a bit of a negative nancy about it. Any release is worth celebrating, we can do with as many options available as possible. It does feel like there are some missed opportunities here, though.
jarndice wrote:£800 per week :O You don't have any vacancies I suppose ???
Certainly not after tax! I should have said "more than". :haha:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

I hope Mr Haya's ones get a warm reception from the hobby community, perhaps he can make them with a bit less generalisation in mind which should suit the niche market of hard core modelers.
A bit surprising that no one has released a mainstream WW1 Mk4
Haya's model will be in the end of 2022 until then Tamiya will benefit.

WW1 model would be great. Maybe Tamiya will upscale their 1:35 Mark IV ;)
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Raminator wrote:
Ad Lav wrote:The video isn’t good enough to cast a vote on - a proper video up close will tell us more. They have surprised a lot of people with this release, and I for one am very happy about it.
You're right, I'm being a bit of a negative nancy about it. Any release is worth celebrating, we can do with as many options available as possible. It does feel like there are some missed opportunities here, though.

I get what you mean though - for £750 you would hope for a pretty perfect model. Even the Haya one will be £600 and will have flaws. Part of the fun of modelling and modifying :)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Ad Lav wrote:
Raminator wrote:

I get what you mean though - for £750 you would hope for a pretty perfect model. Even the Haya one will be £600 and will have flaws. Part of the fun of modelling and modifying :)
You are absolutely right, If our Tanks came without flaws this Forum would probably not exist.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”