Airbrushes

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Airbrushes

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Yep, with a purpose made adaptor and pressure valve. If you get a cheap wheel/tyre from a scrap yard then select one that is big so you have a high volume reservoir. You can spray a complete tank or two without needing to top up the tyre pressure. As l said, you get a perfectly smooth supply but it's not as convenient as a compressor. I suppose you could store it in the boot if your car!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
tankme

Post by tankme »

That is an interesting idea. They also make static air tanks you can fill with a compressor and use, but I can't see them being a cheap option as you will still need to buy a compressor unless you already had one. I have a static 10 Gallon air tank, but haven't used it probably 10 years.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
General Jumbo01

Not my idea. I was told all about it at a large regional modelling show where you will always find model making tools and hardware stands that are full of good ideas. They carried all the cheap parts so l tried it. Used that method for several years before l stumbled across a really good compressor set up.

Also worth a look are compressors made for the nail care industry. Nail technician operatives (!) needs are just the same as ours. They just use brighter colours :crazy:
tankme

Post by tankme »

That's exactly why my desk based corded sander is purple... Girlfriend bought it for me and didn't realize it was purple. Heck I don't care...it works.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

What about nail technician airbrushes though? I would have thought their compressors will be quiet but are the guns any good for us?

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01

Can't help you there as l've no experience of them. Why not op into a couple of nail salons and ask for a demo! I'm sure there are good and bad ones, just as there are for model making so l expect the staff will have a view. Is there a nail care forum you could ask??
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

Great idea! I will take the KT in with some yellow paint and ask if they can give it a spray for me lol

I will get a set from Amazon that comes with a AS-186 compressor then see what the supplied gun is like. If it's crap I will buy a harder and steenbeck brush.

ABEST Complete Professional Airbrush Compressor Kit with Air Tank for Nails Tattoo Nail Art With Dual Action AirBrush Spray Gun for craftwork, cosmetics, tanning, hobbies, models, airbrushing, painting, cake decorating, customised clothing

NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

I bought the kit I posted above. It will be delivered tomorrow, good old Amazon!
I will post pics etc when I get it.

Tucker427
Private

Post by Tucker427 »

NAB wrote:I bought the kit I posted above. It will be delivered tomorrow, good old Amazon!
I will post pics etc when I get it.

Hope all goes well with your new kit!

I have a similar airbrush to the one you first posted, however I only have a full size air compressor to use :wtf:
20210807_223504.jpg
My custom King Tiger build: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31936
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yeah! That's exciting news, NAB: keep us up to date on your new compressor and airbrush when you get them set up and can try them!

Sub: I sprayed one of Rad's masks today with a mix of Vallejo Model Color. Yes, I used the Paasche Talon--a double action brush I prefer for small work: your point exactly. :)

If anyone is interested, I used Vallejo Model Color, as I did not have any Model Air reds on hand. So here's the mix I used:
4 drops Vallejo Airbrush Thinner
1 drop of Vallejo Model Color
1 drop Vallejo Flow Improver

Return to “General Discussion”