capt midnight.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

capt midnight.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Anyone know anything about our American forum member called "capt midnight" (Bill) in Southern Indiana. Is he well?

I send him a PM a short time ago asking after him, and he hasn't picked it up, he's not been on the forum for just over a year, and I'm quite worried.

Any information would be great thanks.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: capt midnight.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Same here. No reply either
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

I'm pretty sure that Bill passed away. From what I can find online he was an avid Star Wars 501st member as well. Sorry guys.

Mid-South Garrison Profile for 501st

Obituary
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jarlath wrote:I'm pretty sure that Bill passed away. From what I can find online he was an avid Star Wars 501st member as well. Sorry guys.

Mid-South Garrison Profile for 501st

Obituary
Thank you. Sadly we aren't allowed to view the obituary in Europe.

But if it says what I fear, then there is no need for me to see it. Especially as you have confirmed it is about Bill.
Thanks again.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

CANNELTON, Ind. — Bill Early Jr., 57, of Cannelton, Indiana, passed away Friday, April 24, 2020. He was born June 16, 1962, in Owensboro to the late Ozzie Newcom-Early and Bill Early Sr. He graduated from Daviess County High School in 1980 and enrolled right after in the United States Air Force before being honorably discharged in 1994, achieving the rank of staff sergeant.

Bill was an avid hobbyist and model builder, completing numerous film-quality model kits, spaceships and dioramas. He entered many of his builds into contests, winning gold and silver medals for his skills. He was an accomplished electrician by trade and loved to apply his knowledge to his passion of model building. Bill was a lover of all things science fiction, an avid reader, and participated in charity endeavors with groups like the 501st Legion and Rebel Legion, both prestigious Star Wars costuming organizations that worked with groups like the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund and Make-A-Wish Foundation.

He is survived by his loving wife, Barbara Early; son William Early III and his wife, Julie; stepson Lee Snyder; daughter Denise Lyubchenko and her husband, Denys; sister Gay Buschkoetter and her husband, Jim; and three grandchildren, Haylee Snyder, Jake Early and Zoey Early. He also leaves behind two animal companions, Pedro and Willow.

No services will be taking place. In lieu of flowers, the family asks donation inquiries be made via email to earlyfamily62@gmail.com.

My last interaction was to send him some local stuff in exchange for some Indianapolis 500 stuff.................I feel bad now for not taking more time to get to make his proper acquaintance............... :(
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Genuinely sad news, Bill was a talented and friendly guy. 57's no age, my best wishes for his family.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

That is very sad - unfortunately 57 is way too early ...
This is the way of life, it ends sooner or later.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Very sad, yes, and it's also true that 57 is relatively young these days. Let's just hope that he enjoyed his life, hobbies, and family to the full. That's all any of us can do.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very sad. Hell, I’m 57 and you just never know. I hate threads like this because I’m reminded of my own mortality and any one of us could be next. Capt. Midnight was obviously well liked and appreciated and condolences to his friends and family
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Very sad. Hell, I’m 57 and you just never know. I hate threads like this because I’m reminded of my own mortality and any one of us could be next. Capt. Midnight was obviously well liked and appreciated and condolences to his friends and family
Jim, you're only on the way to the 'Airport', whilst I'm already in the Departure Lounge. :S
The thing is, to try to make every day the best day of your life- and for those around you too. :thumbup: I think Woody Allen said he wasn't afraid of death, but that he '..didn't want to be there when it happened..'
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”