Agora Models - What!?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Agora Models - What!?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The recoil is plainly ridiculous; the tank jerked back as if it had encountered a rattlesnake :haha: At the same time, the description that the 'tracks have 360 deg rotation' begs the question: "What else would we expect them to have, 320deg?". :/ :/ It's hardly inspiring.
It would be a waste of money, and not a patch on the HL, or Taigen, offerings. FPV can be fitted to tanks equipped with the Hl 6.1 units.
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu May 27, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

At first I thought about putting the entry in the "Vendors Blacklist" section, but I decided to be cautious. If the administrators think this should be moved, it's fine with me. The transmitter, too, looks cheesy, and I wonder what electronics are on the inside.
I missed the part about the tracks having "360 degree rotation." @) Once I saw the video and checked the prices, I'd had enough. :-<
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I wrote a heads up thread on this outfit a couple of months ago having come to the same conclusions. The frustration of waiting for the parts and emptying my savings in the process for what looks like a budget 'toy' worried me too. No thanks!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

General: Before I posted the first in this thread, I searched under "Agora" and "agoramodels" and didn't find your warning post. Can you post the link to it, please? Thank you,

Ed
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

No, l can't find it either but it was within an existing thread with a link so may not have included the name. Doesn't matter, l wasn't trying to steal anyone's glory!! ;) It also struck me as s bit risky, investing in an unproven outfit who could go bust before completing the parts.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

The choice of a 1/16 leopard 2 is not a good one with so many other offerings readily available. Mods can likely make it run better, but who needs another Leopard 2... Someone in marketing should have talked to us first. We would have told them to make a M60.

It seems to me the 1/18 Zero is a better deal. It has really cool demo features not seen elsewhere,
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

General Jumbo: "No, l can't find it either..." Thank you for checking, too. I was worried that I had missed it and was proving incompetence, something about which folks my age become watchful! :D
r32
Lance Corporal

Post by r32 »

I might be the exception in saying this but the opening hatches and folding skirts are nice features, and the suspension does seem to articulate well over undulations.

The price though, that sinks the whole boat.

Return to “General Discussion”