Found some small pliers at a very reasonable price.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Found some small pliers at a very reasonable price.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

No, I didn't really need them, but thought I'd get a dedicated set to keep with my modelling kit.
And they would be perfect for anyone starting out who's wondering which make to chose.

They would appear to be a make commissioned by DIY dot com (B & Q) and Screwfix.

For the money, you can't really go wrong.
They have a five piece set with a wallet, and a three piece lose set. The three piece set has a set of pliers not in the five piece set, but the side cutters and bent pliers are duplicates. The three pieces won't all fit in the wallet with the other five, but at a push, the single different pliers will on their own.
They aren't the best I've used or have, but for the money, you'll have to spend a lot more to compete. So, don't expect Lindström quality. But know you'd need to spend silly money to get better.

"Magnusson Mini Pliers Set 5 Pieces | Pliers & Cutters | Screwfix.com" https://www.screwfix.com/p/magnusson-mi ... lsrc=aw.ds

"Magnusson Mini Pliers Set 3 Pieces | Pliers & Cutters | Screwfix.com" https://www.screwfix.com/p/magnusson-mi ... eces/627fg
Attachments
20210512_120617.jpg
20210512_120617.jpg (190.14 KiB) Viewed 728 times
20210512_120716.jpg
20210512_120716.jpg (204.26 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Found some small pliers at a very reasonable price.

I've just been reminded that Magnusson is a Kingfisher group brand name.
Therefore, anyone outside of Britain and some European countries may still be able to obtain them.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I don’t know, man. Aren’t European pliers all metric and left handed?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Jimster wrote:I don’t know, man. Aren’t European pliers all metric and left handed?
Yeah, just like you Americans, it's only us Brits and some commonwealth with a few other countries that are smart enough to be right :D

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I would point out that only left handed people are in their right minds.

In passing, I would also point out that there are only 3 countries in the world that are not on the metric system, the US, Myanmar and Liberia. The UK has preserved part of its Imperial system in that we refused to use kilometres and stuck with miles for travel and pints for beer. Miles we share with the US, but you short change everyone across the pond when in comes to pints.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

It's all good as long as my shots are 1 1/2 ounces.

Return to “General Discussion”