And the April TOTM winner is. . . .

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

And the April TOTM winner is. . . .

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Mr lmcq11 with his Classy Hobby M5A1 Stuart :clap: :clap: :clap:

And please join me in giving our three vote scoring entrants a big round of applause for their splendid submissions :clap: :clap: :clap:

Winning entry can be found here in the TOTM Gallery.
lmcq11. April 2021 Winner. M5A1 Stuart. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=210&t=31514
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: And the April TOTM winner is. . . .

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Congratulations once again on another excellent build and Totm win Louis :clap: a very well done must also go to the other entrants on their wonderful models :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Big win there, my choice too. Like the way you've done it.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Thank you !

I really liked all the other models in the competition, a lot f hard work in each with 5 star results.

The Stuart conversion was a fairly simple thing. Its a build that took only 3 weeks. The Classy Hobby kit is excellent, it's not that small and it is a good base for a cute RC conversion using existing items on the market for larger tanks, including the control board. Although the 35RCTANK conversion kit provides a smaller gearbox that will be easier to install, and a turret rotation and recoil system that will avoid scratch building with overlapping aluminum tubes, the kit bashing work to be done on the original suspension is pretty much the same. It is up to the builder to reinforce what he sees as important to him. The tricky area of the base kit is to install the thin PE metal grill parts provided, and to assemble the tracks (5 fine pieces per link). I like to have a larger gearbox on this model because when a set of metal track will eventually come out, the gearbox will be powerful enough to handle them. In any case, it is still a table top conversion because i see no way to send this conversion in the grass or make a turn on uneven surface without the plastic track or the plastic idler arm breaking at the first resistance. I see that Aber came out with the 16L-19 kit that provides a metal replacement for the kit plastic gun, this is already a major component on the market that can be readily used, and drill hollow if not already.

Regards, Louis
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

Congratulations. This build is awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Impressive model and buld thread is great guide for those who want motorize static Stuart.
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

:clap: Well done Louis , your models are wee crackers . You make it sound easy , your obvious experience and modelling skills are Fantastico, but 3 weeks to complete ,that takes the biscuit ( Tunnock's of course , only the best ) . I will stick to putting my own stamp and sounds on RTR Torro tanks , that's hard enough for me! and it only took me 3 years :haha: . And 3D printing models are the future ? for some , I've only just learned how to use the inkjet 8O . Very nice little Scorpion , had 1 for my action man when I was a Kid , Would love an RC version . And Peggy the Sherman is a great looking tank ,I like the nose art , I'm planning on putting some on my Sherman which if it turns out like yours, Mick, then I will be happy . Not so sure about the sexy lady figures , I don't think I could keep my hands steady enough trying to paint them :crazy: . Thanks everybody for the votes :thumbup:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning and Congratulations, Louis!
The casual skill displayed is always breathtaking. That was a lot to cram into a 1/16 scale version of a very small tank. Congratulations to all who entered. Thank you for making us, the viewers, the winners as well! There is nothing like solid and genuine inspiration!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Congratulations! Some time ago, I sent a link to your Stuart build to Bob Steinbrunn, author of the Schiffer book on the Stuart tank. Some years ago when he was working on the book, Bob sent me some photos. I was amazed and told him so. His reply was to point out that there were wizards "out there." His complement applies!

I sure hope to see the KV-1, Scorpion, and Sherman back for a future TOTM. Only this time, you all have to put those pretty models atop your tanks. :think: 1/16 model of the month...
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Congratulations Louis!

That little Stuart was over the top in all aspects of model building! We'd expect nothing less from you! :haha: And a big thank you to the other entrants and their entries too! All beautiful model's in their own right!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “General Discussion”