FMS 1/12 1941 Willys MB

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

FMS 1/12 1941 Willys MB

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

FMS is releasing a smaller 1/12 1941 Willys MB with supposedly more detail & features. Saw the trailer yesterday on my dealer's site & you can watch on FMS' FB page:

Supposed to be available in a couple weeks. 
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 6.56.18 AM.jpg
jarndice
Colonel

Re: FMS 1/12 1941 Willys MB

Post by jarndice »

I bought the JJRC-65 1/10 scale M-B Jeep a month or two ago for £35 from Banggood Freepost,
It suffers from some disappointing failings such as the body sits too high and the front axle needs moving forward and the inner front lights shine red and the inner rear lights shine white BUT at that price which included a second battery pack and a charger who am I to complain ?
After fixing the Lights and the front axle I removed the Tow Loop and replaced it with a metal Tow Hook from "Greens",
I Fitted a windshield wiper and a faux wiper motor,
Using a Molotow Liquid Chrome pen I made a working rear view mirror and fitted a canopy,
A very little painting to highlight the leather seats, the Tools on the exterior and the three control knobs and all I had to do was hook up a period trailer c/o Ad Lav and the jobs a good un,
In other words it had better be extremely detailed or very cheap or I shall just buy another JJRC-65 :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: FMS 1/12 1941 Willys MB

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Not sure why the scale given the dearth of figures available on the market. Torro is to release a 1/8 Schwimmwagon within a few months so I guess their thinking is to have a captive market & sell their over-priced figures as optional accessories.

Return to “General Discussion”