Hobby Expo China Coming Soon to a Venue Near Me

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Re: Hobby Expo China Coming Soon to a Venue Near Me

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Sad to say this new Delta variant has killed another... HEC 2021 has been officially cancelled as of today. Seems our esteemed local party officials are not about to put their necks out for any hobby show.

Another major hobby event has bought the dust, at least for this year. :thumbdown:
Attachments
WechatIMG654.jpeg
WechatIMG654.jpeg (79.95 KiB) Viewed 695 times
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Sorry to hear that! That blows, that really blows! I was looking forward to your reporting on all aspects of this event.

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Yea this would have been a stellar event since we had many working with the organizers to inject more hobbyist participation & events in this year's expo given the locale it was set. My local modeling group was expected to have upwards of 60 boats on display followed by a scale run on the lake along with EP racing & scale sail. I was redoing my 3 masted junk plus making docks for the boating event. Many of us also were bringing our crawlers, excavators & tanks for the sand tables set uo around the venue. I have a StuG A conversion underway on a Mato hull that I was going to take. Here are a few photos of a small sampling of what would have been shown.

Who knows, we might have even seen Waterson's long awaited debut & possibly even a FAMO from another.

On the plus side, the event planners seemed have been impressed with the reaction they saw here since they now are talking of splitting the show now between Hangzhou & Beijing where it has been held twice a year since its inception. We'll supposed have our chance again come October 2022
A1.jpeg
A1.jpeg (84.62 KiB) Viewed 639 times
A3.jpeg
A3.jpeg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yep, sigh: we are starting to hunker down again because of Covid-19D. But we can beat it again and next year Sailor will be showing us stunning photos of cool stuff. Be careful; get shot up (even more?); take care of your little ones and loved ones; and work on your tanks, trucks, armo(u)red cars, etc..
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Such a shame XS :'( hopefully things can start to get back to normal as soon as possible and the event will be back next year bigger and better :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “General Discussion”