Hobby Expo China Coming Soon to a Venue Near Me

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Hobby Expo China Coming Soon to a Venue Near Me

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

One of the last of the major hobby shows is coming to Hangzhou in August. Normally held in Beijing, the show relocated due to a schedule conflict with another event & given the venue it will be held just 15 minutes from where I live, I'm stoked! :thumbup:

Have already blocked out my schedule & will be sure to take many photos & notes to share.
WechatIMG1895.jpeg
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Hobby Expo China Coming Soon to a Venue Near Me

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yes! :clap: Thank you! I look forward to your notes and photos!
Just today I received an email that the Nuremberg Summer Toy Fair has been cancelled, as was the winter show. So you are doubly fortunate. But I am not jealous, not one little bit ;D
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

As my wife keeps reminding me... "Its nothing more than big boys & their toys." :D
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:As my wife keeps reminding me... "Its nothing more than big boys & their toys." :D
That is controlled by a multi-billion $$$ industry :clap:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

jarndice wrote:
Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:As my wife keeps reminding me... "Its nothing more than big boys & their toys." :D
That is controlled by a multi-billion $$$ industry :clap:
Oh, I see you must be referring to her shoe collection? As we all know, it certainly can go both ways. :crazy:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

HEC announced some cool developments yesterday for the August show including competitions for tank modelers to display their builds and an indoor battlefield for visitors to bring & run their tanks.

Vendors currently scheduled to attend include FOV / Watersons, Heng Long, Hooben, KY Model (Taigen/Torro), Trumpeter/WSN & Warslug so all scales will be represented.

In addition to RC tanks, LESU plans to have a large sand field for excavators, dozers and trucks. Boating events are already scheduled since the expo hall is located on Baima Lake with EP racing, sailing & scale runs already planned. Traxxas is expected to have a large crawler course, too.

Comic-Con also announced they are going to be in an adjoining hall the same weekend so some very large crowds are expected given both shows were cancelled last year. Should be a fun time. 8)
640-1.jpeg
640-2.jpeg
640.jpeg
640-3.jpeg
640-4.jpeg
640-5.jpeg
baimahu.jpg
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Very cool XS, looks like a beautiful setting there by the lake, if possible i would love to see some pictures of the tank battle/battlefield setup there and of course what the vendor's who are attending have on offer or planned upcoming releases :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Roger that, Lee. I've already blocked out that long weekend so will be sure to post back with an after show report as well post any news I hear in the meantime.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Oh, what fun! I sure look forward to your pictures. And what a gorgeous photo of the lake. What is that intriguing building in the background? It seems like the roof is made for a roller coaster. :O
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Oh, what fun! I sure look forward to your pictures. And what a gorgeous photo of the lake. What is that intriguing building in the background. It seems like the roof is made for a roller coaster. :O
Yea, Baimahu makes a nice park setting with plenty of water. Major RC sailing & EP racing events take place on the main lake to the south of the complex. That collection of "intriguing buildings" are the Chinese Animation Center & part of the Expo complex. The halls where HEC & Comic-Con are to be held are shown behind & to the far right of these. The white building shown in the foreground of the photo below to the east of the Expo Center is the new Animation Museum that opens next week.
WechatIMG515.jpeg
WechatIMG516.jpeg
WechatIMG516.jpeg (68.58 KiB) Viewed 875 times

Return to “General Discussion”