Help! New mato tiger 1 project!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Ken2403
Recruit

Help! New mato tiger 1 project!

Post by Ken2403 »

Hello, Please forgive my ignorance, as this is completely new to me, and I'm desperately looking for a little guidance,

I've been on countless forums, asked countless sellers on Ebay, and I'm still none the wiser, looking for some clear precise information regarding this project!

My dad bought a Mato Tiger 1 tank in 2014, basically a rolling chassis.
It has , as far as I can see, both gear and motors,
The mg 34 at the front with wiring,
The turret has what looks like two servos, one is definitely elevation, the other I'm not sure, maybe recoil, as it has no bb unit

His health is deteriorating, and I'm desperate to help him get this up and running for him. The trouble is, there are so many conflicting information out there, that it's becoming a major headache. I cant find mato electronics anywhere!

Does all heng long work in a mato? What mainboard do I need? Is it rx18, tk6.0, tk6.1, clark tk22, do i need a sound board as well and the main board? Are all speakers compatible? Same with smoke machines, I've seen ateast 4 different kinds

Will I need a flasher unit?

We have a 4 channel controller and an empty tank, and I'd love for him just to drive it, if anyone can shed any guidance on this, I would be extremely grateful!

Thankyou!
john1970
Corporal

Re: Help! New mato tiger 1 project!

Post by john1970 »

Hello welcome to the forum an introduction is usually required before some start moaning.

From what i understand mato metal tanks are normally sold with a clark tk22 board
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Help! New mato tiger 1 project!

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome, Ken! You have a fine reason for a project, and I wish you great and prompt success. John is correct; I believe the moderators here (I am not one) encourage those new to introduce themselves through a new posting on the "Introduce Yourself" thread at posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=31311. From my experience, this is so others can be helpful. It seems to me that your posting here copied into the "Introduce Yourself" section would work. I think it might help for you add a note about where you are in the world (not necessarily a specific address, just enough information so others might be able lead you any nearby suppliers and help).

Return to “General Discussion”