New gun smoke from Torro

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New gun smoke from Torro

Post by Kaczor »

New HL And Torro boards even with servo support, without posibility to modify anything are still toy-grade. Nice to see some progress but compared to elmod they are primitive ;)
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

tankme wrote: From what I can see the HL 7.0 also eliminates servo ports which is a step backward IMO.
Yes. But TK 7.0 is a step forward compared to TK 6.0 - so for now they have shown the new Standard version (6.0, 7.0 etc) ...
I am talking about the (so-called) PRO version, i.e. a similar development path of version 6.1 to the newer standard - 7.1 and further perhaps to 8.1 (I think they will stay with this numbering ...).
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

Kaczor wrote:New HL And Torro boards even with servo support, without posibility to modify anything are still toy-grade. Nice to see some progress but compared to elmod they are primitive ;)
Hello Kaczor
You're right, but they're much cheaper on the start with with a new hobby, for beginners, and maybe some intermediate users. You know that ;)
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Of course progress is huge. Compared with 27Mhz boards from 20 years ago those new are great.
tankme

Post by tankme »

I recently ran my Heng Long T-72 on the Texas Armor field and it ran better than any tank on the field that day. Mine has been upgraded, but still running the stock HL 6.0. I'm thinking of dropping the 6.1 in it just for the servo recoil and elevation. I recently replaced my Tamiya KV-2 electronics with an OpenPanzer TCB. I must say I am much happier with the options on the TCB and the driving experience. I really like the ability to lock out neutral turns on the KV-2 as it could not do them. I really hated the Tamiya electronics for driving. I have one more TCB board that I'm thinking of replacing my Tamiya Sherman electronics now. I really doubt I will buy another Tamiya unless I can get it without electronics or end up replacing them.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
zippersnapper
Recruit

Post by zippersnapper »

Im amused at the experts who say a tank doesnt smoke (only on initail start up) or that there is no barrel smoke from the main cannon as its fired. Lets take a look at a modern battle tank such as this German Leopard 2A6 proving these claims dead wrong. Be sure to watch to the end where we clearly see the tank engine smoking as its traveling backwards down the dirst road, traveling up to the firing ramp and when its firing its 120mm smooth bore cannon:
phpBB [video]
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

But it's clearly dust on the road not smoke tho. ;) On the winter manouvers you can see how much smoke is behind the tanks during movement:
phpBB [video]
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

A modern diesel engine will smoke when accelerating hard, as it is running with excess fuel at that point. It should not smoke while cruising however, because the fuel injection system should be matching fuel flow to air flow.

A petrol engine should not produce visible smoke unless it is very sick.

Can't speak for gas turbines, as I'm not an expert in their design...

Return to “General Discussion”