Which Heng Long tanks to avoid?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
dai phan
Private

Re: Which Heng Long tanks to avoid?

Post by dai phan »

lmcq11 wrote:To me, the worst is the Walker Bulldog in terms of design. Some examples;
- Chassis made higher so that they could fit a smoker between gearbox at the rear, resulting in a totally deformed hull. All due to the choice of a high gearbox to fit a smoker in between.
- Communication problems between the upper hull and turret designer that obviously did not share the right specs for the turret ring dimension, resulting in a much reduced turret ring size and as a result, overall wrong turret dimensions and wrong armor angles as well.
- Suspension fully based on dampers, which did not exist for roadwheel 3 and 4.
- Use of wide M26 roadwheels, too wide for Walker Bulldog. Resulting in tracks that are way too wide, then resulting in fenders way too wide as well.
- Wrong embossed stiffener for the fender stowage, inverted V instead of the trademark X.
- Driver's periscope installed outside the hull and looking at the sky for birdwatching.
- Mixture of Walker Bulldog early and late production components.

Design of this vehicle show one bad decision after another, resulting in a vehicle that could easily have been correct if they simply had discarded the smoker and use a ruler for the rest.

Louis
I think the BD was produced during the "toy" phase of HL although they are trying to be more Taigen/Tamiya within 10 years. So far my BD is running fine. Dai

Return to “General Discussion”