Excellent walk-around and drool over- Comet A34

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Excellent walk-around and drool over- Comet A34

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

For anyone wanting extra details for a Comet build (Lee and others...) this guided tour of the beautifully (Dutch-) restored Comet is a must-see. :thumbup:
The Comet was,almost indubitably, the best British tank of WW2, until it's world-beating cousin, the Centurion (1945 on-) clanked onto the scene. The BAIV team did an outstanding job on the tank, and after that, they have also done a Lazarus job on another. :thumbup:
phpBB [video]

Loads more restoration videos from the team here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/BAIVBV/videos
One of our members, Biertje, was lucky enough to have spent some time on the Celerity (?) project with the team.

phpBB [video]

Looking at these examples, I'm even happier with the version of SCC15- British Olive Drab- 1944 vintage (available from MIG) I used on my Comet. In fact, there's nothing drab about it at all. :D
I love the sound of that detuned Spitfire Merlin engine- The Rolls-Royce Meteor :thumbup: :D
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Excellent walk-around and drool over- Comet A34

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thank you for sharing Roy :D I shall have a good watch later this evening when I got more time :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Nice to see that there is still some Tiger targets running about :haha:
That engine sounds great.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Nice to see that there is still some Tiger targets running about :haha:
That engine sounds great.
:D

Yes, but these don't monoplise the skyline like the 88mm gunner's favourite easy-to-hit (or hard to miss) target: the Sherman. At least, the Cromwells and Comets were not only fast and manouevrable, but also they weren't skyscrapers, either. ;) like the Grant and the Sherman. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Thank you for sharing Roy :D I shall have a good watch later this evening when I got more time :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Thanks, Lee!
I shall look forward to seeing your Comet, one of these days. :) I'm sure it's a top-notch example. I've sorted out the turret roof height on mine, so, the breech/recoil unit has all the space it needs. I've also begun applying unit decals; but that's for few days hence, on my Comet thread. :wave:

Return to “General Discussion”