35RCTANK Stuart conversion kit

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 35RCTANK Stuart conversion kit

Post by tankme »

If I ordered it, I wouldn't want the control board.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

lmcq11 wrote:
BarryC wrote:I've been wondering where you were, had not seen a post recently. I might have missed it.
Hi Barry, Its been crazy at the office. But only a few weeks left and i am officially "Retired" end of April, just in time for my outdoor modelling and relaxation season. Can't wait. But i do have a few RC boats in the planning stage (1/35 Elco PT boat, 1/200 Bismarck and 1/350 Nimitz) and will not be as active for a while in the tank business as i used to be.
Slightly premature but welcome to the world of "retirement" congratulations! :clap:

I have the 1/35 Elco and the 1/200 Missouri my 1/350 carrier is the Kitty Hawk. I've been debating in my mind as to whether the 1/6 Sherman or the 1/35 Elco should be next. :crazy:

Is your Elco early of late configuration? Where will or do you post you nautical builds?

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

BarryC wrote:s your Elco early of late configuration? Where will or do you post you nautical builds?
Its the late Elco version with the 40mm Bofors turret at the rear. I have all the available brass and RC gear for it. I will install a clark board and give the Bofors some action. For the Nimitz, i got the shapeways interior hangar parts, will give it interior LEDs and full airwing complement. Its almost 1 meter long. These are longer term projects planned with a few tanks here and there. Yeah, i will probably post some updates here.
BarryC wrote:I "plan" on converting my second M5 kit to a M4 High Speed Tractor.
The M4 tractor is closer to an M4 Sherman with using some of the running gear. To convert the Stuart into a tractor, you are probably better aiming for an M5 High speed tractor.

Return to “General Discussion”