Control board options??

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Control board options??

Post by midlife306 »

I’ve built the t35-a in both 1/16 & 1/6 scale.
I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for a noob on a printer, there are sooooo many things to learn to get decent quality prints. Ok there are loads of how to videos on YouTube but it’s the actual experience you gain before doing a project that is worth it’s weight in gold.
If you print the t35, by the time you finish, you will look at the first parts you printed & think they are rubbish & with your gained experience print them again, and again and again, get my point?
Please consider playing on your printer for a good few months before attempting a significant project.
I’ve also done the Hetzer in 1/16 & 1/6, it’s much easier to print as it was very cleverly designed to print easily with minimal support material.
As for electronics, you have a few choices.
Just run with a single operable turret & a std V6.1 board, or use an aftermarket board but expect to pay a lot more money.
As above but use a tx with lots of spare channels to operate esc’s to move the extra features
Use the same tx to operate two tcb’s, if you can find any, they will sort everything.
My personal favourite was to purchase a 30 channel servo sequencer. That way I can program a set sequence of operations that operate on their own while I drive the tank around.
It gets complex & expensive if you’re not careful.
Enjoy
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jps99
Recruit

Re: Control board options??

Post by jps99 »

Hoover wrote:I’m building the T35 and I’m getting to the stage of working out the electronics required.
Is there an alternative to the Clark boards, ie a cheaper option? I did read somewhere that you can use a single board computer?
Any advice welcomed

Cheers
I am also printing a building a T35. I plan to use a clone of the Openpanzer Tank Control Board that was submitted by a member. It is a board that fits onto an Arduino ATMega 2560 and has pretty much all the features of the Openpanzer board which is no longer available. The downside is that you have to build the board... the bare pcb can be ordered and if you are comfortable working with circuit boards then it is an option. It still won't control all the turrets on a T35 so I plan to use a Pololu-1350 Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller to drive the secondary and tertiary turrets in a pre-programmed set of movements to mimic activity. Once programmed they can even be controlled with pushbutton for action on a static display.

If you are curious about the Openpanzer board check it out here: http://openpanzer.org/forum/index.php?topic=240.0
You can also check out the progress of my T35 there as well as the IS-1 I built.
Good luck!

Return to “General Discussion”