WW2 (US) Infantry weapons and their effects...

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

WW2 (US) Infantry weapons and their effects...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I came across this very grainy, but watchable, period flick today. It was an official moive for infantry recruits, but gives a fascinating insight into the range of weapons a typical infantryman could be expected to use, or be proficient with. Later on, around 16mins in, we see an infantryman attacking what looks like a Pz IV F2 with a rifle grenade. I didn't think they could be that effective. :)

I guess that captured German helmets were in short supply when this information film was made, as the 'Germans' are wearing WW1 vintage 'coal-scuttle' type helmets. Still, I guess they weren't allowed to shoot some real Germans wearing M42 and M43 pattern helmets. :lolno:
I have an M43 steel helmet (Stahlhelm), incidentally...
this is what it looks like:
This is what the WW1 version looked like- minus coal, but with camo:
phpBB [video]

Do check with weapons video out, especially the assault on the Pz IV. I'd love to have one of those in my garden- ... not the assault, but the tank :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: WW2 (US) Infantry weapons and their effects...

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Here's a screen grab of the (1.5lb) rifle grenade hitting the Pz IV.

phpBB [video]

Inspired by the pic of the rifle grenade ventilating the side of the Pz IV turret, I found this piece (also Contemporary WW2 footage) of US anti-tank weapons.
...and British anti-tank weaponry:
phpBB [video]

Then there's amiable, chatty, Lindybeige in a lengthy account of the 6-pounder AT in action ( no doubt after he's taken some 'speed' :lolno: ):
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Discussion”