Panther model made in WW2.

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Panther model made in WW2.

Post by EAO »

Check this out! WW2 German made model of a Panther. Removed from a command bunker by a United States G.I. I would have to say it looks more like an earlier Panther rather than a late version. No chin on the mantlet, and the early style, rare "ball" muzzle break. In all my years of collecting militaria (mostly Third Reich and Imperial Germany), I have only seen one other of these models. About 15 years ago there was a Tiger 1 for sale. It was in good shape but had a few parts glued back on, if I remember it went for just a little over 2K. The price on this reflects the rarity.

One usually see's more aircraft models from German war tables. These are still pretty rare. My Uncle who served in the Big Red 1 during WW2 got into some German Aviation Academies towards the end of the war. He "liberated" several models and tried carrying them around until they just turned into kindling. He said all of them had working props, landing gear, canopies, etc., and that all the nations Air Forces were represented including the heavy bombers.

Simpson Ltd. is a great company that specializes in Luger pistols. They predominately sell firearms (kind of surprising since they are based in Illinois), but also militaria and other odds and ends. I have dealt with them in the past and have always been very pleased. Robert Simpson the co owner is also a well known author and has several firearm related books out.

Got to love the tracks on this model! https://simpsonltd.com/german-panther-t ... el-c31029/

Cheers,
Eric.
Last edited by EAO on Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Panther model made in WW2.

Post by Jimster »

Wow! A cool piece of history.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That is a very cool and unusual piece nice find :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Yeah it is Jimster,

In a different year; a normal year, a year without Covid, it would be mine. Third Reich collectables (not reproductions or fakes), can be very, very, pricey. I have spent some ridiculous money on certain rare items that I just had to have. I've never been bummed out about the price, and over the years have happily watched their prices appreciate nicely. They're not making anymore of these things, unless they're bogus, so it's like my own 401K plan. The Wife even tolerates it as she has seen how the prices increase as time goes on, knowing it's a sound investment. At times I wish the market would collapse on these pieces of history, that way I could have more of them. Priceless or not, I collect them because I really like them. We also both recognize the sacrifice and devotion all veterans of all countries have made, regardless of creed, country, or belief system. This coming from both of our families having veterans in them.

But really you hit the nail on the head, a cool piece of history!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Cool!

Return to “General Discussion”