A Port in a Storm

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

A Port in a Storm

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

As many, many here have done before me, I want to take a simple minute to offer a tip of my hat to our esteemed Sassgrunt who has been a port in the storm for the many of us "in search of" that elusive part or parts. Once again, Mike came through for me when I sought a set of Tamiya Panther wheels for one of my current projects. But, Mike's generosity and always outstretched helping hand goes even further than that. When on his way to the post office to mail what he believed at the time was only a partial set of wheels and tires, he realized he hadn't looked in one parts bin for the rubber tires for the inside wheels. Back home again. Serendipity. The errant rubber tires were found. The already sealed box was unpacked, the tires were placed within, and the box resealed. Back to the post office. It doesn't stop there. Mike told me he wouldn't send the wheels and tires if I kept insisting to pay for them, a repeated offer which he adamantly refused to accept. The wheels and tires arrived today neatly packed as is Mike's way of doing things.

Thanks Mike. For the many of us who've been the recipients of your largess, a most heartfelt thank you. You have been our port in the storm more times than we can easily count. It is folks like you here in this forum that makes this such a nice place to visit and be a part of.

Ralph
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: A Port in a Storm

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I will second that. Mike is a gentleman of the first order. My problem was the loss of a pick axe, which he has replaced, refusing any contribution towards the shipping costs. It took a while for the US postal service to deliver, something totally outside his control, but he took it upon himself to apologise for them. It is highly unlikely that I can ever return the favour so can I ask the forum please, should Mike ever be in need, between us all, can we make sure his request is answered? The man is a legend
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It would be difficult to find a more generous, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, supportive, and yet modest person, than Mike. Working behind the scenes, from the middle of the Pacific- no less- he has been a great help to many of us here, I suspect. :clap:
My Tamiya Panzer IV project would have remained indefinitely stalled, without Mike's timely and selfless intervention. :thumbup: The mould he emerged from was unique. Hope he won't be too embarrassed to read this :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

43rdRecceReg wrote:It would be difficult to find a more generous, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, supportive, and yet modest person, than Mike. Working behind the scenes, from the middle of the Pacific- no less- he has been a great help to many of us here, I suspect. :clap:
So very true, Mike is a First Class Fellow!! :clap:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
I will simply say that Mike is the Best Friend that I have in the Hobby and Elsewhere. All of this praise will only make him have an 'aw shucks' moment since he is not only true, open handed and upstanding but also one of the most self effacing men I have ever met. The Best Ones always seem to be. Thank you, Mike ala Sassgrunt. The World is a lot less crazy with guys like you in it.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “General Discussion”